Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank You reddog187 ! ! ! To bad post aren't like tickets at Chuck E ... BlackBerry Curve forum

longnlo no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Thank You reddog187 ! ! !

To bad post aren't like tickets at Chuck E Chesses. You'd be able to get any prize you want...

L L
    Wonder Twin powers, activate! Shape of cell phone! Form of Blackberry!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Neezy did you ever get your MyFavs working?

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1
    No I didnt... :*( But I'm gonna try doing some things over again. To be honost, I'm tryin to sell the 8310 at the moment...
    Immaculate condition UNLOCKED Crimson Red 8310 Curve for sale, $300!!!
    For pix & info - http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ocked_pix.html

PIN/ID
    STACK
    are you using the TMO theme? you need to use the TMO theme to get the MyFavs.
    Last edited by reddog187; 03-16-2008 at 04:46 AM.

longnlo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    To unlock the themes look here: link
    Thanks again reddog187!!!

I got the phone themed, removed PTT, added a bunch of apps, changed my APN, and switched over to T-Mobile. Busy afternoon... so far so good...

I signed of for the BlackBerry Minutes & Mail 1000 package, so I don't now in the MyFav portion of the theme is works. But all the files need for it were located in the Java folder. So I would assume it works. The T-Mo guy said when you sign up for MyFavs they basically ping the phone to turn the feature on and off. I wouldn't mind using just as speed dial without a MyFavs plan...
    Wonder Twin powers, activate! Shape of cell phone! Form of Blackberry!

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by longnlo View Post
    Thanks again reddog187!!!

I got the phone themed, removed PTT, added a bunch of apps, changed my APN, and switched over to T-Mobile. Busy afternoon... so far so good...

I signed of for the BlackBerry Minutes & Mail 1000 package, so I don't now in the MyFav portion of the theme is works. But all the files need for it were located in the Java folder. So I would assume it works. The T-Mo guy said when you sign up for MyFavs they basically ping the phone to turn the feature on and off. I wouldn't mind using just as speed dial without a MyFavs plan...
    Yeah, unfortunately you can't use the application without MyFavs.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    are you using the TMO theme? you need to use the TMO theme to get the MyFavs.

If you look into the BlackBerry.alx you can see in the T-Mobile fileset section the *.cod's that are related to the MyFaves.

To get it work on other themes try to copy the lines containing the

net_rim_bb_media_100_five_icon_library.cod and
    net_rim_tmo_five.cod

to the Themes section you want to use.

It's untested cause I don't use my Faves but it could work...

HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

kurracee no está en línea Stack level 1
    So glad to have found this post! i, as of yesterday am an owner of a beautiful cherry BB 8310, from ATT and i have Tmobile.. its going great.. i just want that stupid myfaves icon to show up on my phone!!! (and.. id really like to figure out how to get the tethered modem capability to work) i noticed on the phone i was going to buy earlier, which was the 8320, that it had an actual icon for the modem feature, anyone have any ideas for the two last wonderful things i would like to make this my superphone??

thanks!!

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

AT&T was most helpful with 8310 unlock code,...

I switched from ATT to TMO a couple months ago the bought an 8310 on eBay. Even as an EX-customer, ATT BB support helped me unlock it. I haven't used it yet, because I've been browsing the forums looking for other changes I have to make to the 8310...like change the vendor file???

Anyway, call customer service at ATT, and they'll help you unlock it. You can always tell them you're going on a trip to Europe or something too.

Quote Originally Posted by longnlo View Post
    cymolia...

What files did you use? And were did you find theme? I'm about to drop att like a bad habit and switch to T-Mobile. So I want to bring my red 8310 with me. That being the case. I'd like a T-Mobile OS, but I gotta wait for the Euro model 8310 to hit. Meanwhile I need to find out how to "convert" it for T-Mobile service. I've just spent the past few hours going through threads, but no real details. I've been modding WM phones and Motos for a few years, but I'm "NU-BB" to the BB OS.

A big thanks you and anyone who can help!

44eagles no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    I'm getting ready to trade my 8320 for a Unlocked Red 8310 from ATT. Has anyone else done this? And could you please tell me if you get to use all of your features, and what about myfavs? Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I just did it - twice. Once for my own phone and once for my wife. No problems whatsoever. Simply placed the sim card from the 8320 into the 8310 and everything fired right up. The only downsides I've noticed... I am unable to download T-Mobile's themes - on both phones, I get a message that says something like this: While your phone may support downloads, we are unable to process your request - not this exact wording, but to this effect. I called T-Mobile's Blackberry support and they said this could not be changed - I assume it's hard-coded. Does anyone know how to change this so that I can download T-Mobile's themes from their download list? Also, I read on this board that there is a way to unlock other vendor themes from within the phone by removing the vendor code. However, unless I'm looking in the wrong area, the coding is now different than what was noted in that post. Any thoughts? Also, I would love to get rid of the at&t logo that comes up every time the browser loads - anyone know how to put the T-Mobile logo here as well?

These are small items and not a big deal. In answer to your question, everything from a technical standpoint seems to be working fine. Also, regarding the gps that you get w/the 8320, there seem to be many map download choices - many of which carry subscription fees. A friend of mine has the iPhone and I looked to see which map it has - it has Google maps, so I downloaded it onto the 8320. Works great and it's free. You can search local restaurants by restaurant type, etc, etc. Just haven't figured out how to sort by nearest to furtherest in driving distance - this seems like common sense feature to include, however, I haven't found a way to do this. Any thoughts here would be great as well...
    Last edited by 44eagles; 06-15-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    For themes, or any downloadable content, there's no fix. Its simply the network identifying your handset, similar to your ip address on your computer- so no work around. Its just as well anyway since there are already so many free themes. The only thing that bothers me about it is My Tmobile is pretty useless without a recognized phone.

I cant answer your question on codes though since Im pretty terrible when it comes to coding.

For getting rid of the logo the only option you have is to change your default browser. There is the blackberry browser and then the browser loaded for the carrier. It gets renamed t-zones on tmobile, but its the same. Its in the settings. If you switch to the blackberry browser it will display the blackberry logo. You cannot however change the splash screen of powerup as that is unfortunately programmed into the phone from the factory.

As for google maps, I use it rarely. I prefer Tellme. I think the U.I. is slicker and does everything google maps does, but it will tell you what is closest to your gps location.

beastmode no está en línea Stack level 1
    HELLO IM new to this site and i was wondering if i get my tmobile curve 8310 unlocked can i install att software on the phone. and where do i find the software.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    A TMO 8310?? Only ATT has the 8310 that I'm aware of...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I just checked your Profile to see if perhaps you meant 8320, but you have no info entered. You might want to enter your info -- it can be helpful.
    I am using an unlocked 8310 on TMO with no problems. It shows ATT at startup, but I understand that can't be changed.

Kero351 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242ed7b2
    Quote Originally Posted by manx driver View Post
    A TMO 8310?? Only ATT has the 8310 that I'm aware of...

you can get the handset unlocked. Thats what I did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12