Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm getting ready to trade my 8320 for a Unlocked Red 8310 from ATT. Has ... BlackBerry Curve forum

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

8310 and TMobile?

Advertisement

I'm getting ready to trade my 8320 for a Unlocked Red 8310 from ATT. Has anyone else done this? And could you please tell me if you get to use all of your features, and what about myfavs? Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: 8310 and TMobile?

A person I work with did it and she can do everything available that TMO provides, but you don't have access to the Media Mall or Cellular Video, but the good news is the GPS still works!!! I'm not 100% sure if you'll have the my favs icons, but the my favs service will work!!!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

There are several 8310 owners on Tmo, I think most notably in the Tmo forum being Reddog. I haven't heard of any problems, like being unable to send MMS (such as 8320 owners on ATT have experienced). The myfaves will get pushed down and the only features not to work are ones provided solely by ATT such as PTT, since that is a service of AT&T not T-mobile.

If he doesn't see this thread, you could always PM him. Very helpful mod.

ruhrohs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2429d80a

I have an unlocked 8310, but am not on the my favs plan. I have actually updated the OS to 4.2.2.170 and edited a couple of files. I don't see a need to update to 184 right now as there seems to be no apparent upgrade.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah works, just just a few quirks about it. Nothing you won't be able to handle. Just post in here I'll probably see it if you have questions.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

i have a mint condition red 8310 unlocked from att if u want to trade ive been wanting a 8320 for a while

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

You could always buy the red housing if you like the color from cnn.cn, then get a bluetooth keychain gps receiver like holux, then youll have the wifi of the 8320 and the sleakness and gps of the 8310 ;-Ţ

PIN/ID
    2442ABB1
    I already got a phone to trade with, already on its way on the mail too :-). Bit of a downgrade, but not too much. Plus I love that crimson red!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ My hubby uses an 8310 on Tmo with no problems. Well, maybe a little jealousy over my wifi.

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If they only had wifi I'd jump on it. Its a good thing they are all a bit different or I think the market would be flooded with one type or another.

1. Curve on tmo has wifi/uma but no gpd
    2. 8310 has gps but no wifi
    3. 8800 imo looks more classy but no camera
    4.New 8820 for tmo might have gpd finally, but still no camera..

I mean, can't we get a super bberry with EVERYTHING! Uma/wifi, gps, 2 mpixil camera, etc lol. But yeah the 8310 is a nice phone. Love the red.

PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

Yea it's nice to have the 8320, but to be honost... I've never used the wifi on my phone since I've owned it! And I think I know how to get all the AT&T icons and stuff off of the 8310... On T-Mo's website, they have the latest OS. And I'm assuming it's configurated for T-Mobile phones, so I hope it will be just like my 8320. GPS is very important to me, and I don't want to carry around a little GPS puck, or anything on a keychain. It would be nicer to have it built in the phone, especially considering I havent ever used my wifi.

Doc Hunter no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Neezy.

My son gave me his AT&T 8310. I had a Pearl with T-Moble. I took the 8310 into T-Moble outlet and had them convert the thing over to T-Mobile. I love it. Give me a shout if you have any questions. doc hunter
    Doc Hunter
    20a9d722

cymolia no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an unlocked 8310 and using it on tmobile. Your my faves wont work at all unless you edit your blackberry alx file to unlock all the vendor themes. You can then have your my faves displayed on your homescreen using the tmobile theme. U will still have the myfaves icon on your phone but it wont be displayed as its suppose to unless you use the tmobile theme. I love my 8310 and having the tmobile theme and my faves displayed makes me love it even more. Any questions shoot me a pm, i would be happy to answer your questions.

longnlo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cymolia View Post
    I have an unlocked 8310 and using it on tmobile. Your my faves wont work at all unless you edit your blackberry alx file to unlock all the vendor themes. You can then have your my faves displayed on your homescreen using the tmobile theme. U will still have the myfaves icon on your phone but it wont be displayed as its suppose to unless you use the tmobile theme. I love my 8310 and having the tmobile theme and my faves displayed makes me love it even more. Any questions shoot me a pm, i would be happy to answer your questions.
    cymolia...

What files did you use? And were did you find theme? I'm about to drop att like a bad habit and switch to T-Mobile. So I want to bring my red 8310 with me. That being the case. I'd like a T-Mobile OS, but I gotta wait for the Euro model 8310 to hit. Meanwhile I need to find out how to "convert" it for T-Mobile service. I've just spent the past few hours going through threads, but no real details. I've been modding WM phones and Motos for a few years, but I'm "NU-BB" to the BB OS.

A big thanks you and anyone who can help!
    Last edited by longnlo; 03-14-2008 at 03:36 AM.
    Wonder Twin powers, activate! Shape of cell phone! Form of Blackberry!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by longnlo View Post
    cymolia...

What files did you use? And were did you find theme? I'm about to drop att like a bad habit and switch to T-Mobile. So I want to bring my red 8310 with me. That being the case. I'd like a T-Mobile OS, but I gotta wait for the Euro model 8310 to hit. Meanwhile I need to find out how to "convert" it for T-Mobile service. I've just spent the past few hours going through threads, but no real details. I've been modding WM phones and Motos for a few years, but I'm "NU-BB" to the BB OS.

A big thanks you and anyone who can help!
    To unlock the themes look here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...pt_8130_a.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast