Updated Post: 12/6/07 I have an AT&T 8310 and bought a SanDisk 6GB microsd card. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rws70 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down 8310 and SanDisk 6GB MicroSDHC - Not Good

Advertisement

Updated Post: 12/6/07

I have an AT&T 8310 and bought a SanDisk 6GB microsd card. (SDHC type)

Desktop software Ver 4.3
    Handheld software Ver 4.2.2.170

First I connected the 6gb card directly to my computer with the adapter that came with the microsd card and it showed up as a 6 gig drive. I created a folder on it called Blackberry and subfolder called Video and moved a video into it. I put the card in the blackberry and was able to play the video.

Then I hooked up the blackberry to the computer (xp sp2) and tried to view the drive via the blackberry USB cable. It said I had to format to view the drive, I stupidly said yes and it formatted my drive down to 1.6 gigs. Then I couldn't undo the mistake until I found a utility at ww w sdcard dot org / downloads and used the sdfv2000 utility to do a quick "erase reformat" on the card ... what a relief! Thought I had hosed it.

Put it back in the 8310 and it shows 5.6 gig space. Took it out, hooked up to the computer, added LOT's of music and video. Back in the 8130 and found it only plays media in the first 1.6 gigs of the card. The rest produces errors.

Then I tried formatting it "in" the 8310 and it dropped back down in size to 1.6 gigs.

Conclusion:
    So I will use the utility described above to reformat it back to 5.6 gb, set it aside for now, and go back to using my 2 gig card until (hopefully) a new handheld version of the software comes out that supports the 6 gig card.

I have read that the 4 gig card is working for people on this forum but have not tried it.

Cheers
    Last edited by rws70; 12-06-2007 at 11:07 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 8310 and SanDisk 6GB MicroSDHC - Not Good

ok, im a little confused...im guessing your post 'body' has a typo and is meant to say 8310 (not 8130)

wonder if... you would have never stuck it in the adapter and in the pc slot... and just stuck it in bb and let the bb format it, if it would have worked?

im using a 4g -- worked flawlessly.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

6GB are really iffy right now...some can get them to work some can't technically they aren't supported.

When the 4.3 OS comes out they will be though. Just hang in a bit longer.

NickHex81 no está en línea Stack level 3

This happened to me too. Try using your roxio media manager, in your desktop manager and just transfer the files to different sections of your card...?
    -------
    Nevermind, maybe I didn't get what you're saying..

F my life!
    Last edited by NickHex81; 12-06-2007 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

one other thing i would like to add...

with the 4g only 3/4 loaded, MAN it takes FOREVER to pull up the pictures on the media card!

i ended up taking most off and just storing them on my pc...