Hey guys as you probably not thanks to my useless last topic "YEYY" lol i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

8310 and gps not finding satellites ?

Advertisement

Hey guys as you probably not thanks to my useless last topic "YEYY" lol i traded my rogers branded titanium 8310 for an unlocked red att 8310. now my concern is that when i try to turn on the gps on the att one it searches for a while and ends up with all zeros (latitude 0 longitude 0 etc... number of satellites 0). Am i doing something wrong and what should i check ?
    Also how do i get the blackbery maps app onto the att 8310 ? it came with the rogers one

thanks guys

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu

Re: 8310 and gps not finding satellites ?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I just downloaded my Maps from mobile BB.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

mobile bb what do u mean by that ? (im guessing you meant this : http://mobile.blackberry.com/ ??)

any idea about why my gps doesnt find satellites to find location ?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ranxoren -- go outside first...once you get that first gps locked location, it will work better each time.

but for the first, make sure you are outside, clear skies

PIN/ID
    AskMe

yeah i havent tried clear sky yet cuz didnt have time today but with my old titanium curve it would find me in the car. this one didnt ?? guess like u said the first time has to be CLEAR SKY ?

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lol @ clear sky

Mine works in my house, car and outside (cloudy)........

Sounds like you might have a faulty handset as I had that problem with my Nokia N95

PIN/ID
    AskMe

well apparently on the curve you have to get clear sky for the FIRST satellite search then it will work. and i have to say i think i had to do that for my first curve too. so ill try that now and update u guys

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I just did it in my office straight out the box and it was fine.....

PIN/ID
    AskMe

aight just tried in my apartment but right beside the window (too cold up here in canada to go outside haha) and it WORKED !! yey for no faulty device !! guess it was just being stupid all day
    wow im relieved hehe

question : i think i know the answer ("NO") but im always gonna ask in case i just didnt find it. Is there still no GPS application that we can pre load the map on the media card for on blackberry ? (like londonmandan was probably doing on his n95)

67Mustang no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    aight just tried in my apartment but right beside the window (too cold up here in canada to go outside haha) and it WORKED !! yey for no faulty device !! guess it was just being stupid all day
    wow im relieved hehe

question : i think i know the answer ("NO") but im always gonna ask in case i just didnt find it. Is there still no GPS application that we can pre load the map on the media card for on blackberry ? (like londonmandan was probably doing on his n95)
    Not that I have been able to find. TomTom wouldn't confirm that is was working on one for the BB... and that was a year ago. TeleNav is still the best show in town IMHO. If TomTom did creat a BB version, I would buy it!