Does the 8310 send music in stereo to Bluetooth stereo headphones? What happens if a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3

8310 and Bluetooth Stereo Headsets

Advertisement

Does the 8310 send music in stereo to Bluetooth stereo headphones? What happens if a call comes in while the music is playing? If you are watching a movie on a 8310 does the sound come through in stereo to a bluetooth headset?

any info is much appreciated

Thanks
    jim

sor609 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8310 and Bluetooth Stereo Headsets

Should be no different than on the 8300 but the sound mutes, you talk, you finish, sound continues.
    Love my Motorola S9.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

anybody using their s9 with videos?

m.a.t. no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jimdarcy
    anybody using their s9 with videos?
    If the 8310 is like the 8300, and it probably is, then you don't get audio via bluetooth headphones while watching video. Only a wired headset or the internal speaker will work. Why on earth they made it this way I don't know, maybe to save battery life or something. There is a hack that will get any bluetooth headset to work with video BUT it only enables a mono stream and the sound quality is very, very bad compared to that of listening to music. So bad that I would say it isn't worth doing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by m.a.t.
    If the 8310 is like the 8300, and it probably is, then you don't get audio via bluetooth headphones while watching video. Only a wired headset or the internal speaker will work. Why on earth they made it this way I don't know, maybe to save battery life or something. There is a hack that will get any bluetooth headset to work with video BUT it only enables a mono stream and the sound quality is very, very bad compared to that of listening to music. So bad that I would say it isn't worth doing IMO.
    thanks, i was hoping there wud have been a fix to this 8300 issue withe the 8310

best
    jim

Roly no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't think it's an "issue" so much as technology is not there yet to provide the processing power to decode the audio from the video then cram it to your headset, wirelessly, IN STEREO no less, all in real time. That's a lot of processing power. A couple years ago a powerful desktop couldn't even do that!