I've lost half my applications (games/themes I've download), and can't install them from the desktop ... BlackBerry Curve forum

drakain no está en línea Stack level 1

8310 after os upgrade

Advertisement

I've lost half my applications (games/themes I've download), and can't install them from the desktop manager, or previous backups. I managed to get back my notes, sms, phonebook, email, etc.. but a lot of stuff is just *poof*.

Any thoughts on why this is happening, or how I can get them back?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    you DID do a back up of all your apps and stuff before you upgraded? If you did, the apps should be there. Did you DL most of your 3rd party apps and games OTA or Zip via your PC? If by PC, they may still be where you had them, e.g. my received files or something.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Did the upgrade get interrupted at all? Because if it doesn't completely finished (final device connection and settings restore), manually trying to restore the device from the 'loaderBackup' will not restore the applications like it would've done on its own, it'll only restore the settings in that file. And most 3rd party files done OTA will be lost, but like chokem said, the PC files should still be on the PC.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    4.5.compatible?

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    nice Berryadict... i was g oing to ask the same question... LOL cause i lost the surreal theme b/c it is not 4.5 compatible

neilbu no está en línea Stack level 2
    I guess I'm not the only one to experience "Upgrade Hell". Last night I decided to bite the bullet and apply a 4.5 official upgrade to my AT&T 8310. Just as I thought the upgrade was about to finish my screen reported FATAL ERROR. After that, I suffered an "APP ERROR 200", several 507 messages and an inability to load any OS (including my original AT&T 4.2.2). I had BRICKED my BB!!!!

This forum saved me from suicide, as I read every post I could find regarding upgrade problems and actually brought my BB back from the dead. I "wiped" my BB several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the OS upgrade, attempted to restore my backup (no luck) and even did the battery-pull connect thing about a half a dozen times. Nothing seemed to work until I ACCIDENTALLY forgot to delete the vendor.xml file from the OS upgrade directory. I was then able to actually apply the update and now have a fully functional 8310 running OS 4.5 - which was well worth the aggravation and frustration I went through. (I finally finished the upgrade about 4:30am this morning.)

The best piece of advice I found in these forums was not to "loose it and to stay calm." I can't tell you how many times I wanted to chuck my BB into one of my office walls - but remembering that advice I didn't - and I'm glad.

BTW, I also lost many of my OTA apps (couldn't restore them from my backsup) but it's a small price to pay considering the big picture.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Enjoy 4.5 and get down loading those lost ota apps
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

neilbu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow... 2 weeks after all the agro and at&t updates me today when I connect to my desktop. Latest 4.5 - NP (unless you count the OTAs and themes I must reinstall). Seriously, this update was a BREEZE compared to the last one!

***NEIL***