I am looking for an mp3 player that allows me to play music from within ... BlackBerry Curve forum

barbasol no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24328B8C

8310 4gd sdhc delay problems

Advertisement

I am looking for an mp3 player that allows me to play music from within file folders on my memory card.

The built in media player can't browse by memory card folder. The closest I have come is dollars5 mediaplayer. This does almost everything I want it to do. The only problem, which is major, is that when I have loaded the songs from a particular folder there is an 8-10 second lag before I can do anything (stop, next track, fast forward etc...)

I am using a 4gd sdhc card with the largest folder containing 240 songs

Any ideas?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: 8310 4gd sdhc delay problems

That's a LONG lag time... wow!
    Have you tried the new FlipSide media player? Not sure if it can do folders or not... but, worth a shot - anything to get rid of that lag

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Your long lag is puzzling, but I am using a 2GB card and do have some lag. I am wondering if it is the processor speed that is the real prob. Perhaps the larger the card, the longer the lag?

As for your inability to browse the card, there truly is something wrong, as I am able to browse mine with both the on board player, as well as dollar5's mediaPlayer. Are you certain your OS supports that large an SD card??

PIN/ID
    24328B8C

I haven't tried Flipside so I will do that next. Yogich, how are you able to browse file folders with the built in media player on the Curve? I can play music by genre, album etc... My problem is that
    I have 4-5 folders I created in Blackberry/music/ on my memory card. One folder has random songs of many genres, one has spoken word audio books, one has 1-2 hour dj mixes, and so on. I would like to play the random music folder and shuffle the songs. Unfortunately I can only play them by media players sort options ie... album, artist, genre.

So far, xPlayer seems to offer most of the functions I am looking for after it loads the songs from my selected folder. (Again another lag, almost one minute!)

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2

Two points to check:

1. Is there updated BB OS for your phone? This may give more options/functionally to the Media program (such as "Play Subfolder"). I have Pearl and I have this functionally you are asking.

2. For the lag, try to format the SD card from the blackberry. (copy contents/data to computer first since it will erase all contents). Options > Advanced Options > Media Card > pull up menu and select Format.

PIN/ID
    24328B8C

I saw a screen shot of the pearls media player where the subfolder was being accessed. What menu option were you using to get there? Is that in os 4.3? I am running 4.2.2.170. I did format the card from the Blackberry.