Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rogers still hasn't released their version of the firmware to their website. However after you've ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gallowj no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8310???

Advertisement

Rogers still hasn't released their version of the firmware to their website. However after you've installed their Desktop Manager (all of 4.2.2 will work fine including Media Manager after this) what you want to do is snag 8310 firmware from a carrier that has already released theirs like Vodaphone.

So for those in a similar situation as me here is an easy workaround from blackberryforums.com.
    1) Visit:
    https:
    //www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=F9A40A4780F5E1306C46F1C8DAECEE3B
    2) Select Blackberry 8310 (TM) from the dropdown
    3) Accept and enter in your data etc proceeding to download then install the firmware
    4) Delete vendor.xml from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader"
    5) Open Desktop Manager / hookup Blackberry
    6) Use the application manager -- a new dialog will pop-up. Choose the second radio button to use the older 8310 software.

This will take around 25 min to backup / reload and then you are good to go.... This is my first Blackberry so I can recommend the above as fairly easy to do for those that are leery.

So now on the 8310 on Rogers network I am:

Blackberry 8310
    smartphone (EDGE)
    v4.2.2.151 (Platform 2.5.0.21)
    Last edited by gallowj; 09-18-2007 at 12:28 PM.

hadji no está en línea Stack level 1

So, if I understand well, you've downgrade your O.S from v4.2.2.163 Rogers (O.S that can't be found on their website) to v4.2.2.151 vodafone New Zeeland. Why???

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

THe problem is that Application Loader requires a copy of the handheld software to be installed on the PC before it will recognize any other software for loading. This has been the case ever since I started using a BB. Originally, the original loaded Handheld software was also included on the CD that had the Desktop Manager and installed on the PC with the DM. Now Carriers are not providing the OS for download until a couple of weeks after the initial release or later. Really a bad situation but what can we do other that install other carriers Handheld Software Packages.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B9510

that sounds like a great idea, but I really dont want to dongrade my OS just to app load stuff. OTA works just fine for now. I just need to find someone that can assist me with creating ota files. I will do the rest of the leg work. This of course is for themes.

Thanks,

JWjr
    JohhnyWhoJr

"Proud owner of the 8110"

johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B9510

Quote Originally Posted by gallowj
    Hey,

I picked up an 8310 too and am with Rogers. It's a very awesome piece of hardware but no currently DM cannot upload applications.

You are able to sync / backup with DM 4.2.2 / 4.2.1 / etc ... however I have tried 3 different computers with various configuration (before IE7 / WM 10+, etc) and each gives a "No applications designed for your device were found" message (note that I have installed both DM and the handheld software).

So currently am unable to load in themes / applications via DM however via OTA runs perfectly fine. Obviously this isn't ideal but an ok workaround and hopefully the problem will be escalated to the proper technical people eventually.
    Funny, This is exactly what I said but with not as much detail.
    JohhnyWhoJr

"Proud owner of the 8110"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12