Hello, So I just got my Curve from at&t about 2 weeks ago, and i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MikeSaint27 no está en línea Stack level 1

8300 will not show up as removable drive

Advertisement

Hello,

So I just got my Curve from at&t about 2 weeks ago, and i have not been able to figure this out.

Every time I plug my curve in, Desktop Manager recognizes it, but Vista just says it needs to install drivers, and even when i turn on the mass storage option on the phone it will not show up as a drive.

No matter how many times I reset/upgrade, Vista always says it cant find the drivers and the device is not recognized. Also, in media manager I have no idea how to get stuff onto the media card, so I'm pretty stuck and not able to get anything onto my curve which has 2 gigs of empty space on it.

Any help on this? I would really appreciate it.

-Thanks

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

Re: 8300 will not show up as removable drive

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~one work around is to use a card reader. This will also tell you if the card itsself is anygood. Another thing to check is to see if the phone charges when plugged in to your comp through usb this will tell you if the correct drivers are installed.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

if that is the case make sure your phone is set to Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is set to yes or promt, if it says no it wont come up
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Just to let you know, I had the same problem, worked on it for over a month and never did find a fix for it, I finally replaced vista with xp and have not had any problems with it since. Vista is a terrible os~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~