Hi All I just got a Pearl a few weeks ago but I also managed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AMBB no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205D89F6

8300 Vs 8800

Advertisement

Hi All

I just got a Pearl a few weeks ago but I also managed to get a hold of another Pearl cheaply. I generally use two phones, one for business, one for personal. I now have the chance to upgrade one of the Pearls to either an 8300 or an 8800.

My question is: which one would you guys go for and why?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: 8300 Vs 8800

smaller than the 8800, and will have a camera... oh and the big reason, it's new
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    smaller than the 8800, and will have a camera... oh and the big reason, it's new
    ... and a better keyboard
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Unless GPS is of utmost importance to you (even though ˙ou can get a GPS puck for the 8300) pick the 8300. Just my opinion. Smaller, lighter, better keyboard(supposedly and reportedly) and camera.

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Haven't seen the 8300 yet, have an 8800 and a pearl, thinking of upgrading the pearl to the 8300 but really besides a better camera and full keyboard, can't see a reason to do it...

As far as your concerns, I would run with the 8800 because of the navigation and the look compared to the 8300..

Good luck!!!

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ good question AMBB, I have both as well as the pearl and to be honest I find them all to be great hand sets. the 8800 has by far the best battery life and the most accomplished and refined feel to its UI, feels like a pro business phone...

the pearl packs amazing power and functionality in such a slim and small package but obviously has poorer battery life and a slower keyboard.

The curve is a very impressive, best of both worlds, though chunkier than the 8800 its also smaller, lighter and actually a little better put together. Its got a nice camera and a lovely screen and the speller feature is also very cool. Keyboard on it is very good but I wouldn't say better than 8800. Its weaknesses are less than impressive battery life and the interface somehow doesn't feel as fast and slick as the 8800's, maybe its a slower CPU or maybe I just need to wait for an OS update, its just that for now it feels a little (just a little) less refined and quick... I also think that the 8800 is better looking (although a bit too big) I personally love the soft rubber sides on the 8300 but find the front silver plastic a bit cheap looking. black matt finish (like the 8800's) would have been much nicer IMO...

Anyway just my twopence

lilbukka1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DED170

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~these are exciting times for bb devices as rim are implimenting new features that appeal to the business elite as well as young consumers i' d' wait and examine all up and comming devices i understand theres on on new pearl so if you prefer suretype theres that good luck to you i've just been buying them all.

StatikBB no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB pearl (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have the pearl right now, and I am waiting on t-mo to ship my 8800. I can tell you from what I have read (consumer reviews and this thread) what it all boils down to is; do you want the camera? I have heard from places other than just this thread that the battery life and gui on the 8800 surpass the curve, although many say that it does not triumph by a large margin. Also like someone else stated, keep in mind you can still get the gps puck for the curve. I'm sure the no matter which one you purchase you will be happy!

teri206 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

GET THE 8300!!.... Can't go wrong with the CURVE!... Well, maybe, but not very often... I have the CURVE now and my first BB was the AT&T 8700.... If ur familiar with the 8700, I refer to it as a "sister device" to the CURVE. Basically that's what it is, a smaller, thinner, version of the 8700, just comes equip with a track ball (instead of a track wheel) and a 2.0 megapixel camera (great pics are produced when u use the 8300 camera)... Good Luck to ya!