Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I am also having a similar problem. I upgraded lastnight both desktop and device software ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jimmied no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I am also having a similar problem. I upgraded lastnight both desktop and device software 4.5 (it is actually 4.5.0.15 from what I can tell)for my 8300 (ATT). desktop is fine but the phone is not updating. I did delete the vendor file but under device properties it is still showing V4.2.2.166, platform version 2.4.0.73.

On the other hand under "about desktop manager" --->device software, it shows v4.5.0.55? platform 2.7.0.68.... what is up?

I have tried restarting computer...i even tried the other method on here of pulling the battery...no luck at all.

I have windows xp if that makes any difference. I dont think it does though. Please help
    Last edited by jimmied; 11-14-2008 at 01:22 AM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmied View Post
    I am also having a similar problem. I upgraded lastnight both desktop and device software 4.5 for my 8300 (ATT). desktop is fine but the phone is not updating. I did delete the vendor file but under device properties it is still showing V4.2.2.166, platform version 2.4.0.73.

I have tried restarting computer...i even tried the other method on here of pulling the battery...no luck at all.

I have windows xp if that makes any difference. I dont think it does though. Please help
    Did you uninstall the original 4.2 software from your PC? Go to control panel/add remove and make sure you only have the 4.5 you are trying to load installed toyou PC.

wpollitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes I deleted the "vendor.xml: file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader several times.......

Since my last post I deleted any previous OS (none other than 4.5) found in vista and downloaded a different 4.5 os went through the whole process step by step; thinking this time this should work.......unsure why im not having any luck at this point

BTW I downloaded the os and saved it on my desktop (if that's any barrier)

Thanks for your quick reply......will follow up tomarrow.........gotta get some sleep, 5:30am est. comes too quickly

i didnt delete it (i assumed the update took care of that)but I just looked and the only software i see are the 4.5 versions for both desktop and device.

Did it update correctly?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i didnt delete it (i assumed the update took care of that)but I just looked and the only software i see are the 4.5 versions for both desktop and device.

Did it update correctly?
    As long as you have deleted the vendor.xml I don't see any reason why it shouldn't load for you. As long as I am understanding correctly that all that is installed to your pc is DM 4.5 and OS 4.5. I am not an expert so maybe one of them will check the post and have other ideas than what I do.

no problem. i was looking forward to making this work but no go. Desktop is up and running fine. The device is just not updating. And yes, only dm4.5 and os4.5 (i am assuming you mean desktop manager here) are loaded in programs. and vendor.xml is deleted and computer was restarted...no go

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    no problem. i was looking forward to making this work but no go. Desktop is up and running fine. The device is just not updating. And yes, only dm4.5 and os4.5 (i am assuming you mean desktop manager here) are loaded in programs. and vendor.xml is deleted and computer was restarted...no go
    Only other thing I can think of at the moment is reboot both PC and do a hard reset on you BB then plug in BB and start DM. Click on App loader and then update applications.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    i just upgradeded my wife's BB Os. She saw the features i mentioned before, and the calendar and html email was impressive enough for her to say, "whenever you have time, upgrade mine also." It only took like 20 minutes to do. After the upgrade and resending the service books, her phone was good to go. She was sleep by then, i thought she was gonna be as excited as me, but oh well. I guess the lack of naked ladies and fireworks was underwhelming too.

Only small issue i noticed is sometimes i have a hanging unread message logo on my home screen. But i saw that when i got my curve the first time also. I had to do a couple of battery pulls to remedy both situations.
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 11-14-2008 at 06:45 PM.

wpollitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks again for your help......I finally have this OS working. I had a thought of removing the battery from the BB and giving this one final try and it paid off; the OS is a bit sluggish at first, but slowing up to par!

Does anyone have an idea to over come this "sluggishness"?

My apologies, these BB are new to me.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by wpollitt View Post
    Thanks again for your help......I finally have this OS working. I had a thought of removing the battery from the BB and giving this one final try and it paid off; the OS is a bit sluggish at first, but slowing up to par!

Does anyone have an idea to over come this "sluggishness"?

My apologies, these BB are new to me.
    Glad you got it up and going!! Congrats!!!

Grampy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244E5B1E
    I'd like to upgrade to 4.5 (ATT 8310 on BES), but my main concern is:

*I spent about 3 hrs. maximizing my free memory using the instructions on this site. It was a very lengthy process and involved editing a lot of text in different files. It worked great, and I recovered about 14mb of memory.

I assume I would have to do this all over again in 4.5, and don't want to go thru that again. Am I correct?

Also, it is imperative that the following apps still work in 4.5 without re-installing them:
    1-TeleNav
    2-Google Talk
    3-Google Maps
    4-Live Search
    5-Tell Me

My BB runs like a champ now, but I would like the extra new fefatures in 4.5. Would I have to re-do the memory optimazation all over again?---maybe just parts of it?

Regards,
    Grampy

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Grampy,

You may very well have to re-do some of that optimization. Not knowing exactly what you did, I couldn't tell what you'd have to re-do and what you wouldn't.

All your applications should work without having to "reinstall" them, however you will most likely have to reinitialize them.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123