Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Charlie, Yes, you will download and INSTALL the 4.5 OS on your PC. Should do ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Charlie,

Yes, you will download and INSTALL the 4.5 OS on your PC. Should do that for you automatically. And since the OS you're installing is not from your carrier, you will need to delete the vendor.xml file.

Once all that is said and done, if you need to DOWNGRADE you will need to find and install the 4.3 OS on your PC, then remove the 4.5 OS from the PC, then connect the device and launch DM, which will recognize the need for the OS on your device to be changed.

The upgrade process includes a device backup and then a restore after the OS has been replaced, so all your settings should be there once the device comes back on line. Any 3rd party applications you have might need to be reregistered and if you're using any 3rd party themes, they may or may not be compatible with the newer OS, so please take all these things into consideration.

We're here to help, so keep us posted!

Regards,
    Roger

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Ok so i would have to download and install 4.3 if i want it installed back on my phone. Okay, that make sense. thx. Ill try it out on my laptop tonite because my wife has the same phone i have and i know she dont want me tinkering with her phone by doint it on our bedroom desktop.

once again, thanks alot. I know you guys are repeating the same thing over to just another user, but i just wanted to be sure of the process so i dont brick my phone, and if i didnt like the upgrade, then i would be able to revert back. Thx for the patience, and i will attempt to tackle it this evening.
    Last edited by Charlie Hustle; 11-12-2008 at 04:08 PM.

No worries, Charlie! Good luck!

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    I strongly recommend upgrading! i finally made the jump last week and am LOVING it, also on att. It was my 2nd upgrade but only my 1st on my 8310.

I say go for it

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Charlie, what ranxoren said. Thanks ranx!

If you do need to downgrade, you'll be putting the Sprint OS back on your device in which case you needn't delete the vendor.xml file, but the 4.5 OS MUST be removed from your PC.

Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features if you're running Vista).

You'll see BlackBerry Device Software 4.x. You'll uninstall the 4.5 OS if you need to downgrade.
    youre welcome rogers (btw first name's Othman aka OT)

cbarry317 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok everyone I took your advice and went for the upgrade. Followed ţhe steps and held my breath. It worked great. No problems so far and my 8300 is better than ever. Got a new theme and its like a new phone. I do have 1 question regarding the browser. I now have a pointer that I scroll with freely rather than the old way where I would just scroll down the page from link to link. Is this normal with 4.5 or just a strange thing? Just curious. And just want to thank everyone who helped me today with the upgrade

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That is normal~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    youre welcome rogers (btw first name's Othman aka OT)
    Pleased to meet you, OT!

Cheers,
    Roger

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Well, i took the plunge (4.5.0.77) and im liking it. I thought i was suppsed to see fireworks, and naked ladies and such, but its a big enough from 4.3. The things i have noticed thus far are the better media player, camera, html email, and most importantly to me was the multiple calendars which is connected to your email accounts. I love that. So, instead of having one consolidated calendar, they can be filtered. thats a major plus to me. Also, the options with the calendars are excellent.

Thx again guys...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    good to hear Charlie. The fire works and naked ladies come in a later update.

Hey Charlie! Congrats on the successful upgrade! We knew you could do it!

Now on to your wife's device!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    Well, i took the plunge (4.5.0.77) and im liking it. I thought i was suppsed to see fireworks, and naked ladies and such, but its a big enough from 4.3. The things i have noticed thus far are the better media player, camera, html email, and most importantly to me was the multiple calendars which is connected to your email accounts. I love that. So, instead of having one consolidated calendar, they can be filtered. thats a major plus to me. Also, the options with the calendars are excellent.

Thx again guys...
    Hey congratulations ! And the fireworks and naked ladies come with the next upgrade indeed : 4.6. But thats for the newer devices only.

PIN/ID
    skdck
    so, for the 8330. 4.5 is the devices limit? no 4.6 ever??

wpollitt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey guys love my 8310 At&T (new to BB as of 10-20-08), wanted to upgrade to 4.5......followed all directions listed above, repeated and tried last night and tonight, but still no upgrade, not sure if I missed a step or so......please help

After my attempt to upgrade.....still show V4.2.2.170 (platform 2.5.0.30)

Running Vista with Desktop manager v4.6.

Thanks in advance!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by wpollitt View Post
    Hey guys love my 8310 At&T (new to BB as of 10-20-08), wanted to upgrade to 4.5......followed all directions listed above, repeated and tried last night and tonight, but still no upgrade, not sure if I missed a step or so......please help

After my attempt to upgrade.....still show V4.2.2.170 (platform 2.5.0.30)

Running Vista with Desktop manager v4.6.

Thanks in advance!
    So you downloaded and installed the 4.5 for your device on your pc correct? Did you delete the vendor.xml? I am sure it is something simple you have just missed. Let us know and we will try to get you going.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast