Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have the same problem... The browser is gone, but how did you select the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

elmo39120 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8300 unlocked, not working.....

Advertisement

I have the same problem... The browser is gone, but how did you select the link in the email? I only had problems with the phone after installing themes and software from the computer. Is there a way to reset the phone to factory defaults? I still get email, but cant bring up the browser.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3

This is just speculation... but... when I loaded OS 4.2 on my 8700g, I took out the "carrier branding" file out of the install files before installing onto my BB. I wonder if there is a way for you to reinstall the BlackBerry OS ... but to take out the Cingular Carrier Branding files before yo do so...

Just a thought.... Good luck

jvs59 no está en línea Stack level 1

I would like to restore to factory defaults as well. Is there a way?

mobigsley no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: 8300 unlocked, not working.....

All - I have the answer! You have to set your APN to T-Mobile's to get the device 100% functional. You can search to find the right setting (generally wap.voicestraeam.com or internet2.voicestream.com) or as I just found if you are using BES it is actually just internet.com, no username and password. You can find this setting under TCP in the Advanced Settings.

Hope this helps everyone as much as it helped me - Mo

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC

Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~TMO is a CDMA and Cingular is GSM. This may be the problem.
    No, T-Mobile and at & t/ Cingular are running the same GSM, there shouldn't have any problem..

C.C. no está en línea Stack level 1

What do you do after you set the APN? I just got an unlocked Curve today. Also, how do you resend the service books?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ You have to load the O2 os to the curve to get the browser from Tmo. There is a sticky thread in the 8300 section on how to do it.

Thanks.

I've got a problem with my email. My home email that I have set up as one of my email accounts keeps sending all the email messages to my curve. I will erase them ( there is about 17 of them). Then about 15 minutes later it sends me all the messages again. I will delete them again and the same thing happens about 15 to 20 minutes later. What's happening?

Anyone? Please.

diggango no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by pthomas11
    Hey girls and guys,

I just got my 8300 and unlocked it through at&t. For a few hours everything was working perfectly. No issues at all. The tmobile service was wonderful and nothing could go wrong.

And then the browser icon disappears. The t-zones icon is still around so I had to use it to surf the web.

After trying to resend my service books and reregistering for the network, hoping that would bring the browser icon back, I called tmobile for help and found none. Battery pulls, host routing table, advanced options, everything.

After being transferred to the Research in Motion help desk and speaking with their help, I am told that there are browser codes for each carrier, and that since I've unlocked a phone not released by tmobile, there's not too much I can do.

Now, I did this with the 8700 and the 8800 as soon as they were released. Never an issue with anything at all.

I have no clue what is wrong. I can still send emails and pin messages. Still receive messages.

What should I do??
    Did at&t unlock your phone?

inalp no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi. Someone please HELP...I have been having the 8300 unlocked with tmobile for a while now but my email and or internet browsers do not work. I see my email accounts as separate message icons but I do not receive any emails and i can not send out either. My browsers for the internet are not even there. Any solutions to these two issues?
    Thank you

Heijl147 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had the same problem. Did we find a solution to this yet?
    Thx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12