Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey girls and guys, I just got my 8300 and unlocked it through at&t. For ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

8300 unlocked, not working.....

Advertisement

Hey girls and guys,

I just got my 8300 and unlocked it through at&t. For a few hours everything was working perfectly. No issues at all. The tmobile service was wonderful and nothing could go wrong.

And then the browser icon disappears. The t-zones icon is still around so I had to use it to surf the web.

After trying to resend my service books and reregistering for the network, hoping that would bring the browser icon back, I called tmobile for help and found none. Battery pulls, host routing table, advanced options, everything.

After being transferred to the Research in Motion help desk and speaking with their help, I am told that there are browser codes for each carrier, and that since I've unlocked a phone not released by tmobile, there's not too much I can do.

Now, I did this with the 8700 and the 8800 as soon as they were released. Never an issue with anything at all.

I have no clue what is wrong. I can still send emails and pin messages. Still receive messages.

What should I do??

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: 8300 unlocked, not working.....

try putting in someone elses sim card that has cingular and a bb plan and see if their browsers are there. If there not then the rim tech guys must be right

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Sounds like the only viable solution
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

deanplays no está en línea Stack level 1
    Have you checked to see if there are any firmware upgrades for your model? I had an update a week after I had purchased mine.

jasonalinen no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the service books for tmobiles curve are not available yet

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Okay.

Why was I able to do this with the 8800?

And,

If there aren't any service books should I still be receiving emails? I guess I'm not totally dead if I can still get email, but the browser would be really nice to have.

And why would the browser and t zones show up for that stretch of time?

Thanks in advance.

desjones571 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2456447E

I'm not sure if I'm correct on this but I think I was reading something on this a few weeks ago on another website. RIM was working on a way to stop being able to use unlock phones on other networks. Even though they are GSM some of the spectrums are different when it comes to surfing the web. This is why I wait for the phone to come out on my carrier. If it does work your stuck.

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3

Is there any way for you to put opera mini on your phone?

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~TMO is a CDMA and Cingular is GSM. This may be the problem.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Tmo is gsm as well as Cingular...

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

if the 8800 can cross over from cing to tmo (which i have done) then the 8300 shouldn't have a problem either. The service books are the most reasonable explanation in my opinion. jsut to let you know i am having the same issue. I did down load opera but i prefer and would rather the blackberry browser

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3

When I pick up a Cingular unlocked 8300 and plug in my t mobile sim card will I have any Cingular propaganda on my device? Will it read t mobile on the main screen?

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_L84
    When I pick up a Cingular unlocked 8300 and plug in my t mobile sim card will I have any Cingular propaganda on my device? Will it read t mobile on the main screen?
    Yes, your phone will still be branded from your original carrier. You only unlocked the device and did not unbrand it. I unlocked my 8800 and when I have my cingular sim card it reads AT&T and when I use my T-Mobile it reads tmobile on the home screen. This just identifies the network u are using. HOpe this helps and answers your questions.

Tastic7 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm having the exact same problem. I unlocked my new Curve, the browser stuck around for about a minute, and then vanished. I tried installing Opera but I'm not having much luck with it, not that it matters, I'd much rather have the BlackBerry browser. I can still send and receive e-mails and other messages, too. The browser just suddenly vanished and I can't get it back.

I hope someone figures out what the problem is and hopefully posts a solution soon.

- Tastic

Tastic7 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ A full day later and nobody has figurd it out? Is anyone else even having this problem? I realized that by clicking on a link in an e-mail the browser opens up, but the browser icon is nowhere to be found.

- Tastic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast