Hey, I just bought my wife a used 8300, and it's unlocked to T Mobile...phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F

8300 Turns Off and then needs charger to turn back on??

Advertisement

Hey,
    I just bought my wife a used 8300, and it's unlocked to T Mobile...phone works fine for a while, then just turns off. It has a full charge, but requires it to be hooked to the charger to turn back on..and when i turn it back on, it automatically comes back up as if it was in standby, not turned off, meaning it doesnt take 2 minutes to reboot as if it re-started.

Sorry for the long post, any suggestions??

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    This definitely sounds like a hardware issue. The only suggestion I would have is possibly reloading the software and seeing what happens from there but from my experiences this is going to be a hardware issue and there's not a whole lot that can be done at this point. I would see if you can get your money back.

slundy no está en línea Stack level 2
    What does the battery level say when you look under status? Also check your screen/keyboard settings as well as the auto off settings. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

slundy no está en línea Stack level 2
    What does the battery level say under status? Also check the screen/keyboard settings and the auto on/off. It does sound HW related though. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    I'll check those settings, and I'll reload the OS...the person I'm buying actually let me test it out before I paid, so I'm not out anything at this point.via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    *Update* The phone is re-booting she says. I must've misunderstood her. So the phone is re-booting by itself.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kornkrop86 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2416ED98
    I had the same issue with my 8100, hook it up to usb without the battery, and reinstall OS. Make sure u use tmo updates and desktop software.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~