Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, you know how it is, have a phone in your hand for a week ... BlackBerry Curve forum

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

8300 to be or not to be...

Advertisement

Well, you know how it is, have a phone in your hand for a week or so, then you get those rumor alerts regarding the new releases...

So we've been playing with our phones, all the tmo folks here have unlocked Curves, Rogers and those At&t lucky folks have been dealing with the provider supplied versions. As you can guess my current flavor is also the Curve, however...

The 8320 is launching soon, better camera, streaming media, and oh, wifi... all indicators point toward Tmo release in likely one month, three weeks, and 5 days, but hey who's counting.

Now the newest rumor is the impending release of the 8820. Been on the books forever, was supposed to be the original release of the 8800, but had a few issues implementing the wifi. Well, now all is resolved, gps and wifi playing nicely. It will likely release very soon on AT&T in a pretty gunmetal lustor. Looks marvelous, said in a Billy Crystal drawl...

Anyone going to jump boat to these models? Hey, eBay is still fetching a pretty penny for the Curve. $400 bones plus. Locked and Unlocked. Get while the gettins' hot...

I've played a ton with the 8800, the gps is sweet (I'm a traveling man they say), wifi would be nice...
    Somehow, I just kind of like the keyboard and cam on the curve. The new 8820 (engadget anyone...) build quality is supposed to be fantastic.
    8320, hey wifi and and improved cam is no slouch, especially on Tmo *wink*

Curious what the esteemed 8300 forum members think. I am at a bit of a crossroads, the current OS is tight, calendars are fixed, most of us have browsers. The world is good.
    Is it time to jump ship, unload a great product, see if my 8700 will take me back, only to learn we will have just a two month stand...

Come on, who would want to miss the excitement of screwing up another new OS by trial and error on another brand new perfectly good phone.
    The new features have me a bit curious...I had to put the Curve in the other room as I write this, lest it hears my treachorous thoughts. Perhaps, perhaps a new shiny phone is in my future...

So enough of the ramblings, do you think you will jump on the latest, greatest bus or have you and your Curve become lifelong friends? What do you think?
    Last edited by zipped; 07-06-2007 at 03:24 AM.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: 8300 to be or not to be...

Hmmm.....nice post. My Curve is with me though so I speak no evil at the moment lest she hear
    and fail on me again
    All I can say is I would not pay the full price to jump to an upgraded phone when I just
    qualified for an upgrade with the Curve and got a sweet deal with ATT.

Sounds like a nice phone though. I would have to see it and read up on it to really know.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Bought my AT&T 8300 new off of craigslist. Unlocked it. Followed all the threads at the top of this forum to configure my 8300 on TMO. Kept all the stuff in the box nice and neat, and I'm being real careful to keep the Curve in a case and not scratch it.

Fully intend to box it up in a couple of months, sell it on eBay (probably higher resale value than craigslist) as a near mint, unlocked 8300.

That will be the week after I get my BLACK 8320. Yep, that's my plan.

WiFi? Nice. 3.2 Mp? Cool. Black? Gotta have it!

Last edited by 2-4Trippin; 07-06-2007 at 04:21 AM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Well, I have a Launch Event 8800, and my wife just got an 8300, so I'm afraid I'll have to resist my technolust and forego any upgrades until I get an invite to another launch event, or my company buys me one (highly unlikely), or at least another year!

:cry:
    JerryD

I kind of like the sound of the 8830 myself...
    Hey JD - like the glossary! Curious which phone the two of you like better. Would be interesting to hear a happy bb couples input on both the phones.

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6

I'm waiting for the 8320 ish device to come to AT&T. My wife gets 45% of retail on devices so I have bought both my BB for less that it would cost with a 2 year agreement. So I'll wait, unless my wife likes the new Pearl, then we'll get that too.

Hey boatman, Sounds like we all have a best new friend in the forums, you just need to set up shop. Wow, 45% off, nice! Somebody smack me for asking, but does she get the discount on the iPhone as well?

saeder no está en línea Stack level 2

boatman will make friends fast! but as to the jumping off the curve ship i absolutely love this phone... especially the keyboard, so personally i'd stick around but built in wifi, gps... so tempting....

sgardiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Im with you zipped, Im on day 2 of a 30 day trial.

I picked up the 8800 today to play with again...still have the 8300.
    Love the gps, but it really is huge compared to the 8300. I think 8320 might be the ticket. My thumb likes being in easy reach of the number keys on the 8300.
    Amazon has a gps receiver that is the size of a usb flash drive, just a bit thicker. That combination will probably be the final product till the 9XXX series debuts.

Holux GPS:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000HDJSNA/sr=8-1/qid=1183852629/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_top/102-3078116-3200932?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics&qid=1183852 629&sr=8-1#customerReviews♦

khillyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A6FA4C

i think i may end up jumping up to the newest version of whatever 8300 comes out on at&t...i'm a curve man through and through..it's my first BB and i love it..but i miss having the wifi i had on my pocket pc 6700...

LokiUCLA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

I thought TMO was the one getting the Wifi version of the 8300 due to their @home service. Where did you read that ATT will be getting a Wifi version?

Anyway, I'm very happy with my curve and sure there will always be something on the horizon that will be better but I'm not gonna pay full retail to upgrade because when it does come time for me to upgrade there will be something even better out than those released in a month or two and I"ll get it for much cheaper price. :O)

AT&T is getting a 8820 very soon - wifi added, nothing else different.
    TMobile is getting the 8320 wifi - streaming, 3.2 cam

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

If the 8320 comes in black, I may end up selling my curve and unlocking a T-Mo 8320 when it arrives, WiFi is sweet.

Wharfrat no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4Trippin
    Bought my AT&T 8300 new off of craigslist. Unlocked it. Followed all the threads at the top of this forum to configure my 8300 on TMO. Kept all the stuff in the box nice and neat, and I'm being real careful to keep the Curve in a case and not scratch it.

Fully intend to box it up in a couple of months, sell it on eBay (probably higher resale value than craigslist) as a near mint, unlocked 8300.

That will be the week after I get my BLACK 8320. Yep, that's my plan.

WiFi? Nice. 3.2 Mp? Cool. Black? Gotta have it!

Hi,
    I noticed that you said that you folowed the the threads at the top of this forum to configure the 8300 for TMO. I cannot seem to find this. Can you help me out with a link?
    Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast