Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hello i bought the 8300 unlocked curve, i dont see a way to add the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spork no está en línea Stack level 2

8300 tmobile os ?

Advertisement

hello i bought the 8300 unlocked curve, i dont see a way to add the tmobile os on the curve because the os for the tmobile is for the 8320..i cannt load it..ive tried and failed..
    does anyone know the trick to installing the tmobile os on the 8300? thanks

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8300 tmobile os ?

I don't think that there is an 8300 specific OS. Is there something specific that you wre hoping for in the T-Mo version that isn't available in other versions? I have a new 8320 and I am running the latest Hong Kong version as it is works the best right now and not the T-Mo version.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

you don't need a T-Mo version of the OS on the 8300. Mine never had it. Any 8300 OS will work.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

right and my unlocked at&t phone works great on the stock os that is on it ..but i cannot add my favs with out having the os on the phone ..thus i pay for something i cannot use ..not to mention im pretty sure the tmo os is better then the rest of thease...maybe now my text messages will work right when i load it also..thanks for the replys ...ill dig into this somemore here..

i have tmobile service btw...
    Last edited by spork; 10-19-2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by spork
    right and my unlocked at&t phone works great on the stock os that is on it ..but i cannot add my favs with out having the os on the phone ..thus i pay for something i cannot use ..not to mention im pretty sure the tmo os is better then the rest of thease...maybe now my text messages will work right when i load it also..thanks for the replys ...ill dig into this somemore here..

i have tmobile service btw...
    My faves should pop up even without a tmobile os as long as the vender file was deleted. I have an 8100 and when i was running both 4.2.0.96 ( i think) and 4.2.1.101, both non tmobile OS's my myfaves popped up and functioned. Does the cod file show up in the blackberry alx?

If not T-Mo should be able to send the service book for the myfaves to your device if you call them and ask. From what I have seen in the past T-Mo is almost always the last to send out new OS anyway, so usually others are much better, with my Pearl T-Mo was so behind the times that everyone was using the other providers OS unlocked as it was more stable and advanced than T-Mo releases.

well on my curve the my faves does not work for adding them and i dont know why..maybe this new hongkong os will fix that ..im gunna try install that ...i dont know about the cod file..

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by spork
    well on my curve the my faves does not work for adding them and i dont know why..maybe this new hongkong os will fix that ..im gunna try install that ...i dont know about the cod file..
    Do you get the my faves interface and just cannot add or no interface at all? To get to the alx file you follow C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8300-v4.2.x.xxx_P2.3.0.83 and open the blackberry alx.

The Hong Kong OS is for 8320's I was just showing that I prefer the best OS rather than the carrier specific.

open the blackberry alx and it says this that there is update for blackberry with the hongkong software..
    then it wont install the update because this conflict ..
    the application blackberry pgp email library cannot be loaded because it requires the folowing applications that are not available
    net.rim.platforum.ecmascript

this curve has the default at&t os on it that does not contain my favs software..the cannot be added any way on the device...my home screen looks like regular at&t users screen aside from the tmobile service logo at the top...

evedently i need carrier specific for the service to preform certain functions properly, like brouser surfing email text messages my favs etc etc all that does not work properly on my phone at all what so ever with this at&t os

and now my application loader is bugged and i cannot remove or delete the hong kong blackberry core applications off there so i can use the application loader period, im assumeing i have to reinstall all my blackberry software now ...

What you don't really understand is that there is not really any carrier specific OS when it comes to GSM, as all functions can be reached it is just a matter of unlocking to the specific vendor to access other vendor features and having the service books sent out. Are you still locked to the AT&T vendor or have you unlocked that as well? To get the browser set up you must put in T-Mo APN's as it is probably loaded with AT&T APNs.

i dont have any idea how any of that works ..i know this..my phone dosent work right..and i need to load a new os on it that will work and not give me errors so that all the functions will work right ..
    that is what i know..all the os i have tried to load will not work...none of them will load..the hong kong one ..the tmobile one...even reloading the original at&t os dosent work..its like this thing has a error for everything....

i found my answer

cherrichiodo vbmenu_register("postmenu_450565", true);
    Global Moderator

C2 vbmenu_register("sysinfo_450565");
    Aug 2006/8,226 posts
    Trust level:
    Re: new service book!! for 8300 on tmobile
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by junkhead
    I just need to know the steps on how to install the 8320 OS which is .177 or something onto my 8300. I tried doing this.

>installed OS on my comp
    >deleted vendor
    >plugged in my bb
    >opened DM

Nothing happened...

What am I doing wrong. I have the latest version of DM too.

Thanks

the OS TMO released for the 8320 WILL NOT work on your 8300...nor will the 8310 OS...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast