In the past few days I've noticed that on occasion my phone will begin to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gcobb no está en línea Stack level 1

8300 shutting down completely

Advertisement

In the past few days I've noticed that on occasion my phone will begin to buzz while I'm on a call. Two or three minutes later it will power off and I'll have to pull the battery to get it to power back on. It didn't do it every time, but I did notice that it also happened when I wasn't on the phone once too.

When I have it connected to USB it doesn't do it.

Is this just a case of the battery not holding a charge? The battery meter doesn't show it being low.

This is with OS 4.5 but that has been installed for months.

Ideas, please?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If you have been running the 4.5 for some time now then my first thought would be a bad battery. Go to your local Carriers store and see if they have one they will let you test. Make a few calls and if it doesn't shut off there you go. If you had just gotten 4.5 I might ask if you installed with SD card in but I am guessing since this just started you didn't. However if you did check the link in my blog about reboot issues after installing 4.5 without removing media cad.

I think I did the right thing when I installed. I couldn't rish being without my phone. But yeah I'm thinking it's the battery too. It has been on USB all day and hasn't charged 100% yet. I'll probably just try the battery first and see where it goes from there.

Thanks for the reply.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sounds like the battery, I've had the software update for about 2 weeks now without any issues.. How are you looking on the memory side??

I've got a 2gb card, almost nothing in it and nothing stored on the BB as far as pics. I'll have to double check. Thanks for the reply.