Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone,Iam new to the blackberry heres my problem when useing my phone it will ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pete b no está en línea Stack level 1

8300 shuts down

Advertisement

Hello everyone,Iam new to the blackberry heres my problem when useing my phone it will shut down ,led goes red ,screen goes dark than the hour glass and sometimes it just locks up than will start back up this happens when Iam scrolling throu menues.Is it me or did I get a bad phone..

thanks Pete

mogrefy no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8300 shuts down

I haven't experienced any of that on my AT&T Curve unlocked and used on t-mobile. Maybe you should get another?

dcgree no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    221940AC

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im not sure if you did but this has happened to me with my new 8830

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Yea Pete, sounds like a software glitch of some sort... The simple fix is to take it back. The sales peole wont know how to fix it so they will swap it out for a new one.....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

wendycharles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F6ACE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I accidently held the red button down too long and the phone rebooted. Other than that, no issues.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by wendycharles
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I accidently held the red button down too long and the phone rebooted. Other than that, no issues.
    On my Curve that button is also a power switch just like on the pearl. If you hold it long enough it should power down.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

yoshio no está en línea Stack level 2

I've had mine restart randomly a few times too. It actually did it about 3 times in about an hour last night... very frustrating, but nothing happened today.

I haven't called AT&T or gone into the store yet in hopes it has stopped. But keep us posted.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I experienced this once already. It occurred while I was surfing the internet. Hasn't happened again though
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

i don't know if this will help, but i hope it will. This is a german web site for tmo customers where the curve is already released and maybe they might have service books for the curve. http://www.t-mobile.de/shop/handy/0,...-0-1-1,00.html

Hope this Helps.
    VP

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

Smile Re: 8300 shuts down

Perhaps this is a bug with the first wave of blackberry curves?? This might be a hasty generalization but where do you live? Like, maybe others that are experiencing the same problem, live in the same area. Let us know how everything goes. good luck

Dez
    Dez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249F9F19

it is the phone, I haven't had any problems like that.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds like the same problem that the Palm Treo has/had, I think I will hang on to my 8700 a little bit longer. Good Luck

yoshio no está en línea Stack level 2

I mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but forgot to get back to you here.
    After dealing with the random shutdowns for a week, I took it back and exchanged it. No problems with the new device so far, I'd recommend switching yours out while you still can. It's definately not anything to do with the OS and it probably won't resolve itself.

Galandrius no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405e33b

i am going through it right now...it happedn to me two days ago but yesterday nothing went wrong tonite however after i put a movie on it man this bitch cannot start back...it gives me the hour glass thing and once it hits the att then black screen and red light......this really sucks

Galandrius no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2405e33b

just to let you guys know...my manager told me that it might be because i stil have a cningular sim.....if we switch it to an att sim it should work. ill let you know how that works for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast