Hi all, I've just registered here as it looks like you guys are the Oracles ... BlackBerry Curve forum

yellowking no está en línea Stack level 1

8300 Sends texts by itself

Advertisement

Hi all,

I've just registered here as it looks like you guys are the Oracles as far as Blackberry's go. My girlfriend has an 8300 and just lately when she tries to send a message be it email/sms or Blackberry messenger as she's typing it'll just start sending.

The send box comes up and it just goes I've tried updating the Software to 4.2.66 and am currently downloading 4.5 from the Italian site.

I've taken it apart to see if something was putting pressure on the keypad but nothing.

Any ideas guys?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thats such a difficult issue to recreate. The only recommendation I would have is ues the phone for a period of 24 hrs and try to recreate the issue for yourself. From my experience that particular type of issue is usually user error. I find that the 8300 is really pretty durable compared to the other lines and would think even if it has been dropped a few times before I've never seen that type of issue with my users and I have thousands of users so I would imagine that I would run into a lot of different issues on a regular basis.

It's only just started doing it she has been using the phone for about 3 months now and it's only the last ouple of weeks.

Of course it's out of warranty as i bought it from Ebay - I'm sure it's a software problem but hw and where if i've updated the firmware.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Have you tried backing up and wiping your device? That may help.

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Have you tried backing up and wiping your device? That may help.
    Yes i've tried a hard reset and clearing to factory settings.

4.5 has now downloaded so in the morning I'll try that and we'll see if that makes any difference

Thanks
    Last edited by yellowking; 08-27-2008 at 11:54 AM.