Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The wife had this problem plaguing her BB, mine on the other hand has been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8300 reboot while talking?

Advertisement

The wife had this problem plaguing her BB, mine on the other hand has been rock solid. After much troubleshooting we narrowed it down to the SIM card. T-Mo replaced the card and it has been rock solid without a random reboot since (has been over a month now since the swap). Might try a new SIM card (as we had done the OS reloading, memory clearing, and every trick suggested, and that we could think of, allwithout resolution).

sgtdisturbed47 no está en línea Stack level 3

Happens to my 8300 every so often. It's quite annoying when it does happen because the person I was talking to has to wait about a minute and a half before I can call the person back.

At least with a dropped call I can just call straight back...

I think it has something to do with the OS, some sort of bug.

jferg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405D8A0

Iwent through this problem with at&t snd rim and it turned out tobe a defective device. at&t replaced me with a new device. have,nt had a problem since. whwn i first contacted At&t they said they were not aware of this prob, so if anybody has this prob contact their carrier and let them know.
    You can't fix stupid.

pbnerd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Blackberry crashed during call.

I had this same problem, 1 day of use = 5 reboots during calls.
    ATT 8310.
    Any call over 2 minutes was doomed.

I saw too many 'I got another one and it did the same thing" post on the net so I figured I would try a few things.

It looks like it was the SD card. Once I removed that I used my other phone and skype to hold several 15 + minute 'calls'.
    It was crashing enough that I think its solved, but I will report back if it acts up again.

Thanks to post #30 - CBR900RR for getting me to be a bit patient.

I have a few ring tones and GARMIN loaded. 4 emails set up. Imported my contact list from old sim.
    Otherwise stock.

BDeeB no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, I've had other BBs without a hitch but on my 8310 I have this problem on both long and short calls almost every time. I'm now on my 4th exchange and after the first I didn't install a 3rd party prog including OS and it still happens and its very very frustrating to the point I'm seriously thinking of ditching it totally as its affecting my business.

[QUOTE]Need help fast[/QUOTE]

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    my 8300 started doing that this week. very fraustrating. i'll be on a call and then i get dropped. i look at my curve and its rebooting or i get a black screen with the red LED flashing. i pulled the SD card out and i'll have to see if its still reboots.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123