Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Are you sure you have plenty of free memory and don't have lots of memory ... BlackBerry Curve forum

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8300 reboot while talking?

Advertisement

Are you sure you have plenty of free memory and don't have lots of memory occuppied by e-mail, themes, languages, movies, ringers, and such??

Alyawen no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had this problem several times with my 8320, both when I've been on a call and when my phone has been just sitting on my desk. I've tried 3 different batteries. I've reinstalled the software and applications AND I've received a new device. Nothing has fixed the problem so far.

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I got a refurbished 8300 and it did it from day one, so no memory issues. Installed new OS and it still did it. It got to where I could not even answer a call without it rebooting. I had to resort to texting. I went to an AT&T store and they checked the settings, all good. Was on the online chat twice and still no success, they told me to exchange it. I exchanged the 8300 after 3 days for the 8310. I have had the 8310 for 2 weeks now and I love it!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just because there is no extra apps on the device doesn't mean there isn't a memory problem. Lots of call in the log and lots of save emails could cause it as well as a memory leak from the factory install of the os. New doesn't always equate to correct and good.

JBREEZY no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: 8300 reboot while talking?

My wife has the Curve and has the same problem. I tested my sim card in it for the last 3 days and it has not rebooted once during a call. I went ahead and updated the OS on it also. AT&T can also send manually OTA updates to the device. Basically, just replace the sim.

jswitzer31 no está en línea Stack level 2

I think we it can be concluded thus far that:

a. It is not an error of a particular OS's (it has happened across multiple)
    b. It is not necessarily a 3rd party app error (it happens with no 3rd party apps installed)
    c. It is not the battery (Alyawen tried 3 batteries, still no fix)
    d. Replacing the actual phone won't necessarily fix the problem (likely not a hardware flaw)

mellos no está en línea Stack level 1

I Have The same problem i'll have my phone in my pocket then i got to get it to text or something and the screen is blank with the hourglass spinning. this is my third phone i have some third party apps (Facebook espn askmenow opera mini google maps vTap and i downloaded one game blackjack. My OS is 4.2.2.180, also i dont know if any of you are having this problem but my phone also just erases my sms mms and call log all of a sudden, and that happens very often even when im not having the reboot prob. Ive had the same prob on all 3 of the handsets so is this a T-mobile prob a 8320 prob or jus my prob. Also i got my girl one for her b-day and hers do the same thing with no third party apps Hmmmmm also these phones were ordered from t-mo online not perchased in the store if that makes a diff. i need help i dont wanna switch this device again

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mellos View Post
    I Have The same problem i'll have my phone in my pocket then i got to get it to text or something and the screen is blank with the hourglass spinning. this is my third phone i have some third party apps (Facebook espn askmenow opera mini google maps vTap and i downloaded one game blackjack. My OS is 4.2.2.180, also i dont know if any of you are having this problem but my phone also just erases my sms mms and call log all of a sudden, and that happens very often even when im not having the reboot prob. Ive had the same prob on all 3 of the handsets so is this a T-mobile prob a 8320 prob or jus my prob. Also i got my girl one for her b-day and hers do the same thing with no third party apps Hmmmmm also these phones were ordered from t-mo online not perchased in the store if that makes a diff. i need help i dont wanna switch this device again
    Check battery and delete some files from fone and MMC card, if again same, then ask your hand-held provider or sevice provider to get replacement

Cea
    Cea no está en línea Stack level 1

Like in my previous posts i did everything. replaced battery, reinstalled os several times, cleared memory, etc.....
    I think its not a memory issue. Yesterday i checked available memory it was almost 25 Mb and a few seconds later a reboot. Ones i have one reboot my phone gets unusable, it keeps rebooting after minor use ( for example, checking voicemail). After reinstall OS then i can use it for a while.
    Today i called for a replacement and waiting for a mail from them when i get a new one.
    Blackberry is a pro device, used by business people. blackberry is advertised this way. I'm very disappointed in RIM , i bought this for stability and to be rock solid. For me my phone is useless at the moment.
    But i will keep on using BB as i have no other option.

BB3800user no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I originally posted this thread way back. My reboots are less often now but they still happen from time to time. I am waiting for the new OS to hopefully fix it. I am not certain a new phone will fix it.
    Cea, Let us know if your successful when you get a new one.

jeno no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you should see how long you have had you're sim card. It happened to me on my curve from tmobile the simple fix was to replace thew sim card. Then there hasn't been any problems whatsoever for 3 weeks now

BB3800user no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My sim is about 3 years old. Hmmmmm. Will AT$T just give me a new one?

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~mine rebooted frequently during phone calls. T-Mobile replaced the phone, now no more problems

DaThunder no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm on my 3rd replacement now, I've just about had enough of these blackberries rebooting for no reason

CBR900RR no está en línea Stack level 2

I had similar problem before on my 8800, until I figure out it is my backup file.
    It is carry over from ~2 years ago 7105t's backup>7290>8700g>8800
    What i did was re-install OS without any backup and my BB8800 was rock solid, not a single reboot.

Reboot problem/solution that I collect from the forums
    Remove microSd card
    Replace or clean battery contact and the phone contact
    Replace or clean contact on sim card
    Re-install OS with or without reload backup( or seletively reload backup)
    .T...Mobile. BIS BB 8310
    OS v4.5.0.81 (108) PL 2.7.0.78
    DM v4.2.2.14 SP2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast