Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This past two days while browsing with my curve, I recieved a call. While in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BB3800user no está en línea Stack level 2

8300 reboot while talking?

Advertisement

This past two days while browsing with my curve, I recieved a call. While in the call my phone rebooted. On the screen was an hourglass turning for about a minute then the AT&T logo. Then my home screen showed up with a securty verification (or something like that) progress bar. This happend twice so far within the last two days.

Anyone else get something like this? At first I thought maybe it was an OTA patch being pushed to my phone of some kind, but why would it drop a call to do so?

Maybe my phone is failing? I just don't know what's going on with that...

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8300 reboot while talking?

Hmm... doesn't sound good. I've seen a couple of posts on other forums with this problem but no definite solutions. If you've had the phone for a while try a battery pull. if it continues you might have a warranty exchange.:cry:
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah definately sounds like a defective device, make sure if it happens again you have it replaced

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I would normally think that it would be an OS problem, but seeing as how you just got the Blackberry, I would say it's something else. Do you have any 3rd party programs installed? Which OS are you using (hit alt+cap+h to check)?

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Sounds like you need to reload the os

BB3800user no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm running 4.2.89. Have had no problems until yesterday. No 3rd party apps running. I will try the battery pull and monitor it for a while. If it keeps up. I'll take it in for exchange. Up until this, it's been great sailing.

Truman no está en línea Stack level 2

Did you ever resolve this issue?

I have had this happen to me twice in the last two days.
    I have not had any programs open during the call and suddenly the call stops and the BB reboots.
    The only thing I have done recently was to add the ota calendar patch.

Thanks,
    Truman
    Last edited by Truman; 10-10-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Cea
    Cea no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem too. It happens when i'm on a long call. For so far i can tell it doesn't happen with short calls.

jferg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405D8A0

i've had this happen to me, and still can't figure it out.

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Do any of you got your device wet by any chance? Before I got my BB I used to have a motorola that started rebooting during calls. The technician at my carrier's customer support center opened it and showed me there was rust inside (he called sulphite, but whatever). He cleaned it with what looked like a brillo pad and a nail file and that fixed my troubles.

goldntee99 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had it happen about half a dozen times now and as one of the posters said, it only happens during "long" calls. "Long" in my case is 10 minutes or so.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

You might want to try upgrading to the latest OS here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...3314DF2B3CB9CE
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

ckgdrums no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242668C7

This has heppened about half a dozen times to me as well. Only during phone calls. I called T-Mobile about the problem and their only answer was to re-install the OS. I did that and the first call I got after the re-install, the thing rebooted itself.
    Chuck

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

You aren't getting low on memory when this happens are you?? I watch me memory but the wife doesn't (and she has had the dreaded reboot whereas I have never had it). Now that I have showed her how to check the memory and got her periodically rebooting her device to clean up the memory, she hasn't had the problem (or at least not complained of it which is just as good in my book ).

jswitzer31 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey all,
    I have had this problem since I got the phone. It is extremely frustrating. One of the main reasons I went blackberry is because it was supposed to be stable and not crash. Not so it seems. Its never fun to have to wait for a reboot and then call the person back and say oh sorry, my blackberry crashed.

1. I have tried 3 different OS's now on my 8320. The one preloaded, TMobile .180, and the newest .184. 2. I have tried different combinations of 3rd party apps and they do not seem to be the problem. I only currently have the standalone Google Mail and Google Maps applications installed.

I guess my only option left is to ask for a replacement. I have seen another post on the forum though where someone got a replacement only to have the same problem occur. So is it really worth it?

RIM needs to address this problem ASAP.

-Jackson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast