i am on my third curve. the first two i had problems within a week ... BlackBerry Curve forum

missmichelle no está en línea Stack level 1

8300 randomly deleting all my text messages..

Advertisement

i am on my third curve. the first two i had problems within a week of getting them. my second curve randomly started deleting my whole inbox of text messages, just leaving the saved messages and emails. it eventually got to the point where it would delete texts as soon as i recieved them. my third curve has started doing this. ive had this one for 2 months now. does anyone else have this problem? anyone know why this is happening or how to get it to stop deleting my texts?

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb Re: 8300 randomly deleting all my text messages..

Quote Originally Posted by missmichelle
    i am on my third curve. the first two i had problems within a week of getting them. my second curve randomly started deleting my whole inbox of text messages, just leaving the saved messages and emails. it eventually got to the point where it would delete texts as soon as i recieved them. my third curve has started doing this. ive had this one for 2 months now. does anyone else have this problem? anyone know why this is happening or how to get it to stop deleting my texts?
    my curve started the very same thing yesterday! as well as all my call/logs! so i went to the at&t store today and they said it was just that email was having problems today,,,,,hahhaha lol did i ever waste my 4o mile trip (ONE)way as well as my time! also my battery did last 3 days before needing a recharg,,,now it doesnt even last 10 hours! sure hope to get some good help here???thanks!

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8300 randomly deleting all my text messages..

Go into options > status and check your file free. If it's 0 or close to it, you're running into a bug that happened on the pearl as well. Best thing to do is go into your options > advanced options > applications and delete unused languages and the sample video. Running the setup wizard also deletes the languages for you if you haven't done that.

jortextcu no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242875a8

My curve has done the same thing. The first week I had it I would lose the call log, the TMs and emails. I didnt do anything but it hasnt done it since.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

if your logs (email, call, sms) start to do the disappearing act its because you need an OS upgrade. the OS is deleting the logs to make room for other stuff. its a reported memory leak issue. happened with the Pearl when it first came out -- same thing on the curve. i upgraded my OS and never had the issue again.

eileenjoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240633A7

You can also save your SMS on the SIM. My texts never dissapear now. But you should upgrade your OS like Cherri said above.

PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Quote Originally Posted by eileenjoy
    You can also save your SMS on the SIM. My texts never dissapear now. But you should upgrade your OS like Cherri said above.
    my os is 4.2.2.89 platform 2.4.0.39
    however it's stoped dumping everything this week for some odd reason! i didnt do anything to stop it!

PIN/ID
    240633A7

Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy
    my os is 4.2.2.89 platform 2.4.0.39
    however it's stoped dumping everything this week for some odd reason! i didnt do anything to stop it!
    That's the regular AT&T OS, the most recent is 4.2.2.146, platform 2.4.0.62.

ntrsfrml no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440080c

Will the upgrade delete all your e-mails, logs and other enteries? Is there any way to backup everything on the memory card? Lastly, Will the 4.2.2.146 OS get rid of all the Carrier(AT&T, Rogers) settings etc?

Thanks!!

PIN/ID
    240633A7

When you upgrade it will automatically ask you if you want to backup, and you should. You cannot backup to the memory card, and it will not get rid of your carrier settings--it's just updating your OS (Operating System). It's like updating your computers OS, or software updates...same concept. There's numerous threads on here with descriptions of how to update your OS.

Good luck.
    Last edited by eileenjoy; 09-18-2007 at 12:02 AM.

PIN/ID
    210ca18d

i just now went to cingular/at&t site and this is all they show! Software For BlackBerry Curve 8300 (TM) BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.2.2.186 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.2.2.186
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.2.2.89
    • Software Platform: 2.4.0.39
    • File name: 8300EFIGS_Dutch_PBr4.2.2_rel186_PL2.4.0.39_A4.2.2. 89_AT&T.exe
    • File size: 71.98MB
    Note: Once installed, v .2.2.89 (Platform 2.4.0.39) will be displayed under Settings > Options > About on the handheld.

fo0tprintz no está en línea Stack level 1

Check out the sticky on this forum on how to upgrade your OS: Blackberry 8300 Curve OS Software Links (by Carrier) [as of 21AUG07]
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Quote Originally Posted by fo0tprintz
    Check out the sticky on this forum on how to upgrade your OS: Blackberry 8300 Curve OS Software Links (by Carrier) [as of 21AUG07]
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    humm,,,this is exactly where this info was copy/pasted from! File name: 8300EFIGS_Dutch_PBr4.2.2_rel186_PL2.4.0.39_A4.2.2. 89_AT&T.exe

PIN/ID
    240633A7

You're looking for the Vodaphone update, not the AT&T.

PIN/ID
    240633A7

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4B931C35A169B0

This is the software you should be downloading. If you looked in the list, you would focus on the version that is the latest software. Follow the instructions on how to upgrade.

Good luck.