I was copy all of my contacts from SIM card to Adress Book using Setup ... BlackBerry Curve forum

stele no está en línea Stack level 1

8300 - Problems with phonebook contacts

Advertisement

I was copy all of my contacts from SIM card to Adress Book using Setup Wizard.
    But I've noticed that some contacts (wich are saved in adress book) don't show up on display when some of these contacts calling me or sanding a message to me. On display is shown only a contact number without his name, like I don't have saved his number and name in adress book This situaion is with 50-60% of my saved contacts.

Why?
    How can I fix this problem?

I hope that you understand what is my problem.
    I'm sorry for my bed english.

Thanks to all of you from Croatia! (Hvala vam svima iz Hrvatske)
    Last edited by stele; 02-28-2008 at 05:07 PM.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: 8300 - Problems with phonebook contacts

well first off welcome to the stacks, well it sounds like maybe either all your numbers weren't copied over, or you may have some of your contacts on your phone address book twice with different names.

Try this, open up your address book, press menu , view sim contacts once they load press important to phone address book, and try it again and see what happens
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    well first off welcome to the stacks, well it sounds like maybe either all your numbers weren't copied over, or you may have some of your contacts on your phone address book twice with different names.

Try this, open up your address book, press menu , view sim contacts once they load press important to phone address book, and try it again and see what happens
    I don't have contacts saved twice with different names....
    I have tryed your suggestion but the same problem is again!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you have the security enabled then you need to turn off the content protection on your address book.

If your getting a call and your phone is locked it won't show the number cuz its protected.

Hope that helps.

I have fixed problem....

I must save "full form" of contact number like this:
    eg.
    +12345678901 where

+123 are state number,
    45 are operator's num,
    678901 are contact's num...

not like this: 045678901

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Another method is to go to the Call Log (Phone) App Options/Smart Dialing and enter you country Code, Area Code (Operator Num) and national number length.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Collie no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, I might present my problem here instead of creating a new thread since it's similar.

I also copied all of my SIM card contacts to my 8310 Curve, and as far as I can see, everything copied OK. But, when I try to call someone using the number associated with him in the address book, for some reason BB adds "+43" in front of the memorized number and (of course) can't make the call.

For example, the number in the address book is +385 91 500 2xxx ("385" being country code, "91" operator codeand the rest is phone number), and when I try to make a call, the number on the display is +43915180925 and the call cannot be completed. When I enter a phone number manually, everything works OK. I presume that some localization issue might be responsible, but I don't know where to change that.

Also, the problem doesn't appear with all the numbers copied from SIM, so I'm even more confused