Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys...I currently have a 8300, and absolutely love it. Before purchasing it though I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HanHookie no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb 8300 or 8320 -vs- iphone

Advertisement

Hey guys...I currently have a 8300, and absolutely love it. Before purchasing it though I wanted an iphone, but didnt get it because of the price, and the fact that the 8300 simply outperformed the iphone in a few ways.

Now that apple announced the ipod touch and dropped the price of the 8GB iphone by $200, I'm seriously considering one. I really want to keep my curve though. I want a device that handles all of my media needs. I would just get an ipod touch and be done with it, but then why have 2 separate devices? Id rather consolidate and get an iphone, or not. I dunno. The multimedia side of the curve is not as robust as the iphone, yet I don't do so many office like things w/ my curve, but it is nice to have the option when I need to open an excel file or word doc or something. (can i do this w/ the iphone?, i dunno). I've also read that the iphone lacks basic cut and paste functionality, so that REALLY sucks, imagine trying to get an adress on the go, and having to remember it to type it into google maps? Hell no. So I ask all the stackers, let's discuss the advantages of our beloved curve over the iphone (wifi vs no wifi, gps built in vs no gps...you know..blah blah). Just to help the folks like me who are on the fence about purchasing an iphone. good god, i love but hate them. apple that is...

Re: 8300 or 8820 -vs- iphone

I meant the 8320, not 8820....sorry

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: 8300 or 8820 -vs- iphone

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~so you mentioned that your mostly into media, I suggest you go with the iphone then, because like you said the curve isn't really built for media like the iphone. I myself use my curve for other functionality not just the media, I'm also considering of getting the itouch maybe for my birthday. But goodluck tho, make sure you choose the one that you will really need.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : 8300 or 8320 -vs- iphone

Corrected to 8320
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Re: 8300 or 8320 -vs- iphone

thanks for the correction...was trying to figure out how to edit the thread title, not just the message itself.

guess most stackers dont have opinions about how the iphone measures up to the curve. our curve is clearly superior, but i thought you guys would have something to say about it! i just want to hear you guys's thoughts. ill research and talk to myself then hmm. j/k!!

sor609 no está en línea Stack level 1

I too was considering Iphone but lack of real keyboard really decided for me. It looks slick and must be great for music but BB could be too if they put an equilizer on it. I like it better that I can load my music to the blackberry with simple drag-drop VS having to have a memory clogging tool which loads it up in some propriatary database or whatever.

Some other things I dislike on the Iphone, can't change battery, can't install software, I believe no MMS and I'm sure there are other things I can't think of right now.

Itouch on the other hand would be great if it had more space and bluetooth. 2nd is a must for me, 1st not necessary, my BB has less room right now too. I can't live without my motorokr s9 anymore though lol
    Just spent 1h loading music from my ipod into my blackberry just because BT headset is much more convenient in trains etc.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

No no. Well like it's been said, you have to see what you must have in a device in order to be happy. I'm happy with BB. There are too many things about the iphone that take it out of my possible phones.

gk0820 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the cure which I am very happy with. If the price of the iphone was $399 a month ago when I purchased my curve, I would have brought the iphone.I don,t use the curve a lot for work, I much prefer the multimedia functions of the iphone. However, sine I recently purchased the curve I won't be geting the iphone. Hopefully in two years something different will be available.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hiphop101 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i returned my iphone foe the curve. Didn't like iphone @ all! Wats wrong with the multimedia on curve? I woulndt get da iphone for 399 lol

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

The iPhone is very nice, but... I didn't like it for phone use. Also the keyboard takes some learning - you can get used to it, but it is slower than physical keys. Although you don't want two devices, I would say that is the best - Curve and iPod touch... then you can also enjoy the WIFI web surfing and not worry about the 8320
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

if your focus is media, then I agree with those who said get the iPhone. simply put, the iPhone is a great media device that packs some smartphone abilities, while the Curve is a hardcore smartphone with a nice camera that has some media features (that are soon to be even more with 4.3OS).

for me the price drop hasn't even made me bat an eye away from the 8320, what with 2.4 BIS about to drop and 4.3 OS (which should bring steaming media), but hey.. atleast you're not considering a sidekick, lol.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    .. what with 2.4 BIS about to drop and 4.3 OS (which should bring steaming media), but hey.. atleast you're not considering a sidekick, lol.
    agreed, but then I wonder when will the carriers actually pick up this 2.4 BIS (betting very slowly like 2.3 was haha)
    Last edited by cliffr39; 09-07-2007 at 01:37 AM.

hprevatt no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    if your focus is media, then I agree with those who said get the iPhone. simply put, the iPhone is a great media device that packs some smartphone abilities, while the Curve is a hardcore smartphone with a nice camera that has some media features (that are soon to be even more with 4.3OS).

for me the price drop hasn't even made me bat an eye away from the 8320, what with 2.4 BIS about to drop and 4.3 OS (which should bring steaming media), but hey.. atleast you're not considering a sidekick, lol.
    I disagree with even looking at the Iphone for the media capabailities because who would build a device like the Iphone and not even include A2DP support which means you can not use bluetooth stereo headphones. This along with the fact that there is no 3rd party software support and no exchange syncing for contacts and no exchange email other than IMAP are deal breakers for me.. I'll stick with my Curve...

Wastegate13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249f1af9

I returned my iPhone and went back to my Curve. I liked the iPhone, just not as a phone. The browser is awesome and Youtube rocks. The Curve is much better as a phone and this new iTouch is looking tits!

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by hprevatt
    ...who would build a device like the Iphone and not even include A2DP support which means you can not use bluetooth stereo headphones. This along with the fact that there is no 3rd party software support ...
    I really don't think these are fair reasons to frown on the iPhone - since MANY phones do not support A2DP yet, and are slowly being updated to support it. And remember almost all devices (windows, treo/palm, even regular java phones) did not support 3rd party apps right from the start... but as you see in the news recently, many programs are now working on the iPhone (just without the support from Apple).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast