Is there anyway to password protect the media card on the 8300? To be specific ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ali3n8 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8300 Media Card Security

Advertisement

Is there anyway to password protect the media card on the 8300? To be specific I would like to password protect just the media card so no one can view my media if I let them use the phone. I do not really care about password protecting the device itself.

Thank you

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8300 Media Card Security

If you use a password on your BlackBerry, you have to enter it if you connect to a computer in Mass Storage Mode.

You can also encrypt the card so that if someone takes the card out of the BlackBerry they won't be able to access it (don't know how that works though).

To encrypt the card, go to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card and you can set Encryption Mode to Device, Security Password, or Security Password & Device. I don't know how this works either, but it may be what you're looking for.
    JerryD

I appreciate the response but you are right in saying this is not what I am looking for. Im thinking since this was one of the first blackberry devices to use a media card that they did not think about this feature and it seems like something that can be added very simply. If anyone from blackberry development monitors these boards this would be a nice feature to have. Most camera phones have the ability to password protect media and for a device such as a blackberry I was just surprised not to see the ability to do this. If anyone has any idea if there is even app to do this I would be intrested in that as well eventhough I believe this is something that could be easily coded into the OS.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Have you tried it yet? Maybe it IS what you are looking for!
    JerryD

I have tried it and it is not the function im looking for. Its to bad cuz its a pretty basic feature even low end phones have the ability to secure media.