Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And yet TMO has hopelessly lagged with 3G. While TMO users can certainly complain about ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Solidus no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 8300 - First BB Purchase

Advertisement

And yet TMO has hopelessly lagged with 3G. While TMO users can certainly complain about lack of WiFi, Cingular users can validly complain about lack of 3G. And I'm here thinking, imagine TMO with 3G, and a 3G blackberry tethered connection at their current Internet prices. Now THAT is what we all should care about. Too bad that won't happen for years unless you live/work in a major city. ("Smallbany" is just now getting CDMA 3G).

I think what's really holding RIM up is space and battery requirements. WiFi chews up battery life, and I would guess that a 3G antenna would do the same (at least indirectly since you can do MORE things like processing webpages). The devices also lag behind in processor power, although I'd prefer a slower BB than a crash-happy WM5 phone with a 624Mhz processor.

forest007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Cost depends on the GPS app/service that you're using. Telenav is $10/month for unlimited routes (there's an option to pay less for a fixed number) and there are other GPS apps out there with completely different pricing structures or at no cost.
    I could not find another option for Telenav except $199.00 for 2 years. Where did you see an option to pay less for a fixed number?

Thanks

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Cingular/AT&T shows it under the 8800, (Telenav)10 routes for $5.99 per month and $9.99 unlimited. This may be what they are talking about under "Fixed". My two cents.

jonnyscurve no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got the curve, and although i am limited to the internet/email features i can use due to the poor network provided by o2 in my area of the uk, i still love this as a fully-featured "phone" (and hopefully my opinion counts, i've had 30+ handsets in my adult life)...its the BEST i've ever had.
    Further, no-one would have loved a wi-fi option more than me, but agree that with wi-fi often comes battery life and design issues....and as you can see by this post, i can still manage to find my way onto the net by using -wait for it- a computer!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

jonny ^^ couldn't agree with you more...guess i kinda got left out on the wifi explanation too i'd rather surf the net from my pc anyday...but my eyes aren't what they used to be

so glad you are enjoying it

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Wstsydthug
    I am new to the whole BB euphoria and have bene waiting to buy one for sometime now. I considered the Pearl and then anxiously waited for the 8800. Once the 8800 came out, I was sure that I was going to buy it just based on the fact that it was a nice slim full Qwerty. That is by far my number one necessity. However, after playing with the 8800, I noticed that the keys were pretty tight together and it didn't really work with me at all and thus decided to wait for the 8300. Now that the 8300 is coming out soon, I am almost positive that I will buy this unit.

But now that there is no GPS or WiFi, is it still a good purchase? I think I can live without the GPS (do you have to pay more per month for this service) but I'm not sure about the WiFi? I'm going to be a heavy user on this and will be using it for work. Anyone have any suggestions to what they think is an absolute necessity?

imo its a great purchase. u can prob get ur own gps receiver if u really need it. wifi is still a while out. the 8800 has a great cam and media functions so it all depends on what u need (or want) more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12