Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

nooo. the battery door is a totally different size and set-up. we gotta wait for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: 8300 extended battery im in desperate need

Advertisement

nooo. the battery door is a totally different size and set-up. we gotta wait for the 8300 extended battery and door. and yes the 8300 is 1000 mah

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashman
    So the 2400mAh Extended Battery for the Pearl should work, battery door and all?
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=622
    Seidio has an extended slim batt 1250 mh for the pearl.this batt fits in perfectly into the curve with the original curve back.the 2400 mah fits too, but u need a custom back door

PIN/ID
    ask me

noone wants to be walking around like bb trash with a big battery hanging out of the back of there phone.. well is duct tape feasable. lol

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by superdad
    Seidio has an extended slim batt 1250 mh for the pearl.this batt fits in perfectly into the curve with the original curve back.the 2400 mah fits too, but u need a custom back door
    Superdad,

I dont' want to burst anybody's bubble, but I wanted to let you know that you're battery is more the exception than the rule. Our Pearl battery was designed specifically for the Pearl and we can't guarantee that it will work with the Curve. As a matter of fact, we've tested the batteries we have in stock and they are not working at all. We are in the process of developing extended batteries for the Curve and hope to have them available soon. We just don't want everyone to rush to our website and purchase a battery that isn't likely to work.

Thanks

Moonbaseone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2039FE28

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Superdad,

I dont' want to burst anybody's bubble, but I wanted to let you know that you're battery is more the exception than the rule. Our Pearl battery was designed specifically for the Pearl and we can't guarantee that it will work with the Curve. As a matter of fact, we've tested the batteries we have in stock and they are not working at all. We are in the process of developing extended batteries for the Curve and hope to have them available soon. We just don't want everyone to rush to our website and purchase a battery that isn't likely to work.

Thanks
    Hey, just wanted to say first off, I love your site.

Secondly, I am wondering if an 8700c extended battery will work with a 8300 and if so, will you guys be offering the extended battery door seperatly???

Thanks
    BlackBerry PIN is 203BF39A

davistld01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    N/A

I too am in real expectation of Seidio's soon release of their extended battery. Although I am currently getting almost a full 48-hours from a 100% charge...and normally plug the phone into the charger on my bedside nightstand each night...more and more I am traveling and not able to do that each night. If I could get even another 24-hours of use from a full charge, it would be an advantage worth the price to me.

And, many have said that they would buy the battery if it didn't mess with the size and shape of the Curve's standard slim/sexy shape and battery door. Honestly, I don't believe that a measureable increase in mAh capacity can be built into a battery without increasing it's size...necessitating a slightly larger battery door to successfully cover it. I, for one, am cool with the added thickness that the "humpy" door would bring. I had the Seidio 2400mAh battery and battery door on my Treo 680, and I liked the slightly larger profile...it seemed to fit the "Palm" (sorry, couldn't resist) of my hand better. I bet the change will be as favorable on the Curve.

K3SLS no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: 8300 extended battery im in desperate need

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Superdad,

Thanks
    The Seidio 2400mah battery for the BB8700c works just fine in the BB8300. Now if there was only a door!!!

Steve

thetonyclifton no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by K3SLS
    The Seidio 2400mah battery for the BB8700c works just fine in the BB8300. Now if there was only a door!!!

Steve
    its not really in their ineterests to do that or to find that existing products work on new devices...they wanna sell you a whole new product.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by thetonyclifton
    its not really in their ineterests to do that or to find that existing products work on new devices...they wanna sell you a whole new product.
    Actually...it is in their interest. THey did it for the Pearl...larger battery and larger door. And what the Sedieo post said makes sense...just because it fits, doesn't really mean it will work. Besides...they DO sell just the Pearl doors, so I am sure that if you get the 8700 battery, (an expense) and then buy a door seperate it's the same cost as both....so your statement really doesn't make sense and IMO is an unnecessary jab at a great company
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sasha owns sedieo

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

LOL....If I owned Sedieo...there would already be an extended battery and EVERY accessory you could thinnk of for the curve...and all stackers would get it for free! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am with sasha on this by far a great company. And why would you buy a 8700battery for your curve when they don't have a door for it?

K3SLS no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    Actually...it is in their interest. THey did it for the Pearl...larger battery and larger door. And what the Sedieo post said makes sense...just because it fits, doesn't really mean it will work. Besides...they DO sell just the Pearl doors, so I am sure that if you get the 8700 battery, (an expense) and then buy a door seperate it's the same cost as both....so your statement really doesn't make sense and IMO is an unnecessary jab at a great company
    Well, I can tell you this...I tried to buy an extended battery door for my wife's Treo 680 and they would not sell it alone...only as a package with the extended battery. The wife upgraded to a 680 from a dying 650 and had just recently bought the extended battery. It would have been nice to use that battery in the 680.

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by K3SLS
    Well, I can tell you this...I tried to buy an extended battery door for my wife's Treo 680 and they would not sell it alone...only as a package with the extended battery. The wife upgraded to a 680 from a dying 650 and had just recently bought the extended battery. It would have been nice to use that battery in the 680.
    This is a little off topic, but it's a prime example of why we make seperate batteries for seperate devices. The Treo 650 battery is incompatible with the new 680. The battery does fit and will power up the device, but the Treo 680 doesn't recognize the battery correctly. As you go through the day the device suddenly tells you your battery is dead and shuts off. It would not be good business for us to sell doors for a battery that isn't supposed to be there in the first place.

As far as the Curve battery is concerned, we are definitely working on it. While it sounds like some of you have been able to use their Pearl batteries, I was letting you know that we've tested the 1250mAh batteries we have in stock and they simply don't work with the Curve. It would obviously be in our best interest if they did. We could've begun selling them weeks ago instead of having to design a new product. We're looking into both a slim and larger extended battery and will let you know as soon as they're available.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12