I just spent 76 minutes on the phone with Cingular and BB support to find ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tymann no está en línea Stack level 2

8300 Desktop Software Glitch! Does Not work!

Advertisement

I just spent 76 minutes on the phone with Cingular and BB support to find out there is a known issue by BB but not Cingular! The issue is everytime you sync your appointments get duplicated or triplicated etc ... there is no timeline but I do have a case number, whoppeee

franchise101 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8300 Desktop Software Glitch! Does Not work!

have u tried using the media manager, i cant figure out how to get it to read my media card

not in the desk top manager, it appears to be working correctly when I just pop it in the device. It will be tomorrow before I get back to wrok, just to frustrated to deal with it tonight!

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Yeah... that can't be fun... I hope you get it figured out or get answers soon from ATT -

I don't want to deal with frustration tonite... I just wanna enjoy this thing -

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

I doubt that Cingy will be able to help you with the issue. I dont know but I bet that they only pipeline the new software to the users. With what I understand your saying that desktop manager is causing an issue when it sync your info from the computer to your bb right? Im guessing that your using the software that came in the box. Have you tried to see if one of the older versions would work?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

I can't get the Desktop Mgr from the disk to load... I'm dloading from the BB site right now... what other software is on the BB User Tools disk.

It just sits in the CD tray spinning and is seemingly stuck at the "Initializing" screen... I'm getting nothing else...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Having downloaded DM 4.2 (Sp2) a couple of weeks ago for use with my pearl, I can say that it's not just the DM in the Box this time. Syncing gives me the same problem and I couldn't get the advanced Backup/Restore to recognize anything in the Curve's calendar Database.

Rcbjr

~via Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

Wow. Thats really crazy. I think im using 4.2sp2 for my pearl (on mac now), but thats a different story. Could it be something with the new OS? Where there any large changes to the calendar software?

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

Yep i'm getting this too when trying to synch my 8300 with my Outlook calendar. instead of just changing updated and added appointments it just throws everything back in as if the calendar has no entries - its not so much a synch, its more of an overwrite every time :P
    I used the software that came with my 8300 in the box, previously i had non SP2 4.2 which i used with my pearl and my 8800 and never got this problem...

RIM better straighten up their act quick!!![FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I really don't think it's the DM, as the Curve has been out for a few weeks in Europe and this is the first we have heard of it. I think it might be the Calendar App in the Cingular Curve. Please help troubleshoot this by providing the information requested in this post, Old Pro needs Help Troubleshooting Curve/Calendar Problem
    Thanks
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Calendar entry set is Zero is the technical issue that BB is calling it. When you go to calendar and hit the menu button, scroll to the bottom and number of entries is ZERO. Cingular is working on a new software release but there is no timeline. If you're working off a BES you will not experience this issue.

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, im in the UK have had the Curve for 10 days now, and its always been like this from day one... its not a Cingular issue its a BB Curve issue. my calendar too is showing zero entries