Hey All, Just wanted to know if there was any security type of software application ... BlackBerry Curve forum

qureshiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423E064

Question 8300 Curve Security Software

Advertisement

Hey All,

Just wanted to know if there was any security type of software application out there for the 8300 which allows a user to lock the phone and not let "prying eyes" get into the phone unless a code is entered. I know there is a keyboard lock on the phone, but i'm looking for something MORE secure.

Thanks....

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: 8300 Curve Security Software

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If its secure enough for the CIA, the NSA, thr FBI and the office of the President of the United States, then its possible it may be secure enough for you too. Then again I don't know how you plan to use it.

Data is sent with either 128 or 256 bit encryption - BES setting dependent.

Having said this, your company can log almost anything on your device. This is great if you lose it because no one can get in to it and your admin can even remotely wipe it, but the data can still be restored remotely/wireslessly from Outlook onto a new registered device.

qureshiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423E064

My blackberry is for personal use. Is there a feature on the handheld which will let me run a screen lock or handheld lock? I know Windows Mobile phones have a security setting that locks the phone and you must enter a 4 digit code to unlock the phone to use any of its features.

Is this possible on the blackberry 8300? i saw an option under the security settings that are under general settings which says "password". what does that option do?

thanks.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Select Options, then Security.
    Open General Settings
    Next to "Password", highlight the word Disable and click the trackwheel.
    Select Change Option, then Enable.
    Press escape, enter save, it will prompt for a new password

Note: The password must be 4 to 14 characters in length. You must not enter a password composed of identical characters or a natural sequence (e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4), as it will be rejected.
    Enter your password again to verify it.
    Hit enter

Will set and go back to general settings.
    You can also set Security Timeout, highlight the displayed time and click the trackwheel.
    Select Change Option, and choose a reasonable time for the handheld to time out and lock. Its recommended 15 minutes or less.
    Last edited by zipped; 07-02-2007 at 04:10 PM.