Hi Ladies n Gents, I have weird case of drop n dead phone. My GF ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aquariuz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24121BF4

8300 curve dropped and won't Light up

Advertisement

Hi Ladies n Gents,

I have weird case of drop n dead phone. My GF drops her sister's BB 8300 curve n according to her, she dropped it quite hard. She said the phone went off n wouldn't go on anymore. I took the phone for the night n I'm looking at it now. I took off the battery n replaced it n the red light goes on n then off again. I waited for a few minutes, n tried calling the phone to see wat might happen n i was surprised when the phone started vibrating n i could answer the call. So apparently the phone is still on, but the lights on the keyboards n screen won't go on (just stays off). I plugged it to the PC n desktop manager recognizes it.

All in all, the phone is still alive but all lights are out. I guess the most important thing is the display so she can use the phone again but is there any way to revive the lights? Anybody every had the same issue? Pls Help

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hmmmm. Sounds like you've got a connection broken in there and, unfortunately, sounds like a problem for a repair shop IF they can fix it. I haven't heard of this one before. Anyone else have advice for aquaiuz?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Pearloid no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'd say, if he's comfortable with taking the phone apart, try checking the connections between the screen and main board, or look for a break in the board. If you're not comfortable, then i would send it in, if she has insurance.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearloid View Post
    I'd say, if he's comfortable with taking the phone apart, try checking the connections between the screen and main board, or look for a break in the board. If you're not comfortable, then i would send it in, if she has insurance.
    agreed!
    I'd say your best bet is to take it into the tech shop at your carrier and see if it can be fixed, hope you have insurance or that it is still under warranty

let us know what happens
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey