hello ive searched around ...no answers for this... parently the curve only recognises mp4 as ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spork no está en línea Stack level 2

8300 curve at&t mp4 issue

Advertisement

hello ive searched around ...no answers for this...
    parently the curve only recognises mp4 as movies only and they can only be accessed via the video link,

i have a big problem with this consumeing my battery more in video mode rather then audio mode...
    the mp4's are audio only with no video stream what so ever ...

consequently when you have 1500 mp3s this causes a big issue, none of them can be sorted properly..
    and none of them have names on the screen when being played..there is no random play mode like there is in the audio media portion of the standard media player...
    ive tried 3 diffrent players and none of them seem to work quite right, in fact 2 of them locked up my bb ...
    does anyone have any feed back for this please help me ..fustrating problem...

Ben721 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: 8300 curve at&t mp4 issue

The 8300 can also play avi's. Use the Blackberry Video Convertor from here: http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo to convert your existant media files into avi's. It helps save space on your memory card, but you do sacrafice some quality.

As far as the unorganization of mp3's, I am confused. On the media player that comes with the curve, it does have different sections such as songs, artist, album, genre, etc. And has a shuffle songs option. So maybe you can clarify whast going on?

Also on the 4.3 OS, from the screen shots I saw you will be able to make playlists so maybe that will help you.

honestly I'm afraid to do anything with this because its the unlocked at&t version and i run t mobile service on it...

the problem I'm having is this..

blackberry curve only recognises mp4 as a movie file regardless if there is no video..

thus there is no shuffle allowed in the movies section of the blackberry curve....

i can convert the same song that is mp3 192 etc etc say its 5 megs ...

on mp4 it will be 3 megs ish better quality...

also where are the operating system downloads available, I'm going to talk to the guy at the shop i bought it from and see if it will work properly since this is unlocked version of at&t with t mobile service..

as far as the avi goes and movies in general i know how to do that already ..

in fact, i have the hd version of fight club on my curve working perfectly, with the audio synced to the video properly,
    at a 250 meg file size for the entire movie in perfect quality
    (320 x 240 mkv with avi wrapper video bitrate@1800 audio 192kbit mp3 )
    ...also i mite add that the h263 and the xvid with avi wrappers can produce small sizes also for video too...

so sad this does not fully support mkv and h264 because i can produce a 150 meg hd quality movie with it ...well anyway any help with the above topic at hand would be great..

i just cheked my bb and i think i have the current os but i dont see a way to make play lists in the media ....

v4.2.2.89 (platforum 2.4.0.39)

Ben721 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah, currently you can't make playlists. Whenever the 4.3 OS comes out, that has the ablility to make play lists, but its been said to be coming out for a really long time and nothings happened.

And I see what your talking about the mp4s now. I've never listened to any of my songs as mp4s so I couldn't help you with that. It wouldn't really make sense to have a shuffle option on videos...

Anyways, I hope you figure everything out. Maybe some more knowledgable people here can help you.

All the best.

alright ben thank you for looking out anyway

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Try changing the file extention from MP4 to AAC or M4A. It may or may not work....
    Last edited by jjames42; 10-20-2007 at 07:04 PM.