Anyone ever setup their 8300 as a modem (through bluetooth) for their laptop? Haven't done ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Tzer no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8300 as modem for laptop

Advertisement

Anyone ever setup their 8300 as a modem (through bluetooth) for their laptop? Haven't done any research on it, just being lazy and thought I'd post the question here first...

Thanks

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

Re: 8300 as modem for laptop

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you may want to sift thru the stacks about this one... There's lots of great info about this subject here.

The short version is you have to be on a data plan that supports tethering. That will make you capable to connect. Then you connect your bb to your laptop via bluetooth and surf! Of course its a bit more complicated, but that's why you need to sift thru the info in the stacks. Hope that's helpful.

Cheers!

Tzer no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks dude. I have a BES and data plan with Vodafone, so I'm hopeful... I'll do some browsing on the forum.

cky1billion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24236b05

I would look at the tmobile forum, stickied is a thread about tethering an 8700, the process is more or less identical to that of the 8700. I don't recall exactly what I did, oh yeah you do need the initilization strings i think they're called, they dont mention it until further down the thread. good luck pin me if you need any help, you can get it from my profile.