Hey guys, i am new to the BB world so forgive me if i am ... BlackBerry Curve forum

TylerRiot no está en línea Stack level 2

8300 and outlok

Advertisement

Hey guys, i am new to the BB world so forgive me if i am asking silly questions...

so, my work wont let me sync my BB tp my work servers for "security" reasons. To be honest this is rather a blessing as now i can operate my BB in the way i want to rather than being restricted by work policies.

Anyway aside from the email issue one of the most important features of the BB is the calendar however all my appointments are stored in my work Ms outlook calendar at work. Now i have set up rules to forward on some of me more important emails so i recieved them automatically on the BB but i cant figure out if this is pssible for appointments.

as an aside i can access all this via the webmail portal of MS Web access but it would be great if the calendar entries on my work computer could some how be sent to my BB

any ideas??

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Re: 8300 and outlok

Will they let you install the Desktop Manager on your computer at the office? If so you could sync your calendar using the USB cable. Either that or export your calendar to a .pst file and save on a jump drive and then import it into you outlook calendar at home and sync (that way seems like a lot of work and would have to be done often).

Just a couple of ideas.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

hmmmm how about just start putting it all on your BB calendar? If work has issues, stick out your tongue and say "Well, lemme sync it all then!"....LOL
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: 8300 and outlok

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    hmmmm how about just start putting it all on your BB calendar? If work has issues, stick out your tongue and say "Well, lemme sync it all then!"....LOL

Awesome response

TylerRiot no está en línea Stack level 2

thanks for all your replies! no i am afraind my work wont let me intall any programmes or any peripheral devices! not very cool. i guess i will have to use the psd idea and then do that every o often....

thanks guys any more ideas are very welcome

goofy410 no está en línea Stack level 1

My work won't let me sync with the server either. As a work around I now sync my work calendar on my local Outlook which I use for my POP3 personal mail account. I was using a Motorola Q with Verizon and I was able to wireless sync. This worked great. But, now with the BB I am finding that I can not wireless sync my calendar because it is a POP3 account. Please tell me this isn't true. Please tell me there is a work around. I would hate to give up a great phone but this is an important feature. Any help is greatly appreciated.