Hey everyone I realize that this is a Blackberry forum (and my question pertains mainly ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HanHookie no está en línea Stack level 2

Question 8300 & Jawbone...eh, cool then NOT so cool.

Advertisement

Hey everyone

I realize that this is a Blackberry forum (and my question pertains mainly to the Jawbone), but I trust the opinions of some folks here, so I thought Id run this observation by the community, to see how you guys feel. I recently purchased a Jawbone. Charged up, paired fine, blah blah, it works. OK. But, I've noticed inconsistant behaviour. When the curve is on my desk (I'm not touching it), and I make a call using the Jawbone, it sounds fine. If I pick it up (holding in my hand, not in pocket yet), and walk OUTSIDE, it starts to crackle. My girlfriend says it sounds like I'm underwater. So I'm thinking great, the other 4 cheeseball 50 cent bubble gum machine bluetooth handsfree devices I had previously behaved as such. Then, all of a sudden the Jawbone starts to sort itself out. Meaning, the crackling will go away after a while of me standing in a new spot (outdoors -vs- indoors). WTF? I can understand the device regaining its "connectivity" strength if the phone and the hands free device are coming and going out of reach of each other, but I mean, should it take about 3 minutes? Then, there are other times, that I place the phone in my pocket, go grocery shopping, and there isnt a single hiccup. I mean, I'm in the store, up and down aisles, and the clarity of the reception is perfect. So I wonder, is there a way to make the bluetooth signal stronger coming from the curve? Does that matter? Do we have the capability to do this? Anyone else have any other ideas? I really like the Jawbone, and want to keep it, but dude, it has to work or not work. I hate that I cant rely on it. Maybe it has to do with the Jawbone's battery life? It starts to spazz when it needs a fix (recharging)? Maybe? I dunno, has anyone else noticed inconsistant Jawbone behaviour related to the reception? Thanks in advance as always people.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: 8300 & Jawbone...eh, cool then NOT so cool.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Have you tried using it with a different phone? I've had my jawbone for some time now, and haven't noticed any similar problems.

BB3800user no está en línea Stack level 2

Ihave jawbone also. Never had the problem you decribed. I walk all over the house with my curve in the kitchen. So distance to your curve shouldn't be the issue. Maybe you have some background interferance or application hosing it up? Try jawbone support?

Thanks for the feedback guys, no...I don't have any other apps running...and haven't tried it w/ a different phone. I'll try it on another phone and report back. BB3800, I so envy you, using your jawbone all over the house while your phone is stationary, sure wish I could do that...

This guy over at treonauts has the exact problem I do.

http://forum.treonauts.com/treo-mode...-question.html

Wish I could help. Sounds like something is snagged for sure. See if there is a trouble shooting or FAQ at jawbones site.

Yea, there is...I put in a less sarcastic request for support over @ the jawbone site. We'll see what they say. Maybe this unit is just defective, as it breaks up, then doesnt break up...inconsistant. I don't have good luck apparently, neither does this guy http://www.oneblogtoomany.com/2007/0...eadset-review/

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

I have the Jawbone as well, and I do not have that issue unless I walk away from my phone. You may be getting interference from a nearby Wi-Fi network or cordless phone. You haven't, perchance, overclocked your microwave oven or anything, have you?

hahaha, no overclocked microwaves here. good idea though! I am being critical of this device because I'm a cheapo and feel like I paid too much for it. But seriously, I'm of course not automatically aware of nearby wifi networks, but this might be an issue as my problem with the jawbone crackling is very hit or miss, sooooo. I dunno. I'll keep researching and check back in.

raffa daffa no está en línea Stack level 1

i work for att and i have the curv and the jawbone. to be honest it might be the jawbone, take it back to return it or if has been more than 30 days you are still covered under the one year warranty. the jawbone works really well but you always have those bad apples.

This is my first headset, so I can't really compair. I would like a better fit and the sound isn't as great as I was lead to believe. I am sure I will try another one out as I get used to using it more. I would have to agree with some of the comments in your link above. I find the problem is that I don't like to have bluetooth running all the time to save battery and when I get a call I don't have the ear peice available...I should try harder to get used to it running.

Try to exchange your Jawbone

corymccly no está en línea Stack level 2

I recently got an 8310 and have not had this problem with the Jawbone (which I've had for some time), but have had similar experiences with other headsets with other phones. A warranty exchange will generally solve this problem.

s0ur888 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2066DAB6

It might be the phone, it might be the headset, like a previous poster said, try it on another phone. I work at best buy and this happened on two separate occasions, 1 guy had an 87XX and had bought the blackberry 650 series headset, tried it with his phone, its was very staticky, then we hooked it up to my phone (i had the moto rokr e1 at the time) and it worked great, then switched back to his and voila, no problems. Same thing happened to a guy that had a moto razr and his BT had static background noise, but again changed it to my phone it worked fine, then switched back to his, it worked fine. You can try deleting the jawbone from ur list and reconnecting it, or try it with another phone and go back on to yours, that might solve the problem.