From what I have been reading, the Aliph Jawbone seems to be an excellent Blue ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AuriemmaPhoto no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a47815

Question 8300 & Jawbone

Advertisement

From what I have been reading, the Aliph Jawbone seems to be an excellent Blue T ooth headset. My question is how well does it work with the 8300's voice dialing?

I am currently using a Plantronics 510, and its hit and miss (more miss). The sound quality on the PLT510 is good as well. But, I was wondering if the voice dialing and sound quality with a Jawbone is worth the cost?
    Last edited by AuriemmaPhoto; 09-13-2007 at 05:53 PM.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: 8300 & Jawbone

I don't have one yet, so I'm clearly not an authority here... but do a search in the Curve threads for Jawbone... I hear and read that it is one of the best BT headsets you can get...

The noise cancellation is supposed to be off the charts good....
    Last edited by jscottbarnes; 09-14-2007 at 01:08 AM.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

It is good. Voice dialing is somewhat sensitve so make sure you speak monotone and it is fine. I'm very pleased with the device however.

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i use the jawbone with my 8800 and love the voicedialing. It works great

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

B-E-A-utiful combination. No problems at all! I have to agree with bjenkins, The Voice Dial is a little sensitive, but nice nonetheless.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

riy
    riy no está en línea Stack level 1

Just bought the jawbone 2 days ago to replace my plantronics 510. Voicedial thus far has been much better recognized with the jawbone. Incoming sound is not as rich as with the platronics but still very good. I would recomend this combo 8300 & jawbone as a winner

FYI, I am using a jabra minigel slipped over the bare earpiece and volume is greatly improved over the stock earpieces.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Works fine for me. Ditto on the Jabra eargels, they fit MUCH better than the stock pieces. You have to speak distinctly, and you can dial the sensitivity of the voice dialing app up or down to return more or less results. It helps if you say "Call (First name)(Last name)(Mobile)." It's rare that I get a miss at all anymore.

AuriemmaPhoto no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a47815

Thanks all. I guess. I'll be ordering one from AT&T soon, $96.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm also using the jabra minigel mod, and the sound volume is certainly improved over the stock ear "gel" (hate to call it that, since it's rigid). Voice dialing and noise reduction work well, but I haven't been comfortable with the fit and ergonomics at all, even with the ear gel mod. I've tried bending and twisting the ear hook, rotating the ear gel in different directions to try to get the best fit into the ear canal, etc. Still annoying to wear for any length of time. But then ears vary SO much that I imagine it will be impossible to come up with phones that are comfy for everyone.

I've been searching online and reading reviews, and the BlueAnt Z9 has caught my eye. Definitely considering this. Also: its earpiece rests ON the opening in your ear canal - not IN it. You won't have the total sound isolation that you get from inserting a gel into your ear canal, but from the reviews I've read, you still get excellent sound and you can also hear outside sounds (like somebody talking to you) through both ears. The Z9 also has some heavy duty noise suppression technology, and seems to be comparable in this regard to the JawBone. I've read comments and comparisions on both sides of this: some prefer JawBone, and others prefer Z9 -- probably comes down to personal fit at this point.

I'm about ready to try a Z9. Just haven't focused on this issue recently, but will likely do so soon.
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 09-17-2007 at 11:33 AM.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Has anyone tried the plantronics 520?

oomd no está en línea Stack level 1

Better voice recognition on the Jawbone

roid no está en línea Stack level 1

Jawbone is great, works fantastic is VR. You will sound a little tinny to the caller however. The plantronics 655 is outstanding, but doesn't have the noise reduction tech so if you're in an even slightly noisy environment the VR doesn't work well. Neither likes the wind, though I've yet to find a bluetooth headset that works well in windy environs.