Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I just dropped my 8700 from a moving golf cart (accross a parking lot) It's ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: 8300/8320/83xx, how long can YOU hold out?

Advertisement

I just dropped my 8700 from a moving golf cart (accross a parking lot) It's looking pretty banged up now so I need a new BB.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can get new shells easily. They're not that hard to replace. Also get a BSE or IS to prevent cosmetic damage. It won't help with impact damage but my 8700c has only had scuffs, scars, and such from being dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieNYC
    There are normal, everyday cell-phone users, there are techno-obsessed cell-phone junkies, and there are diehard loyalists to a brand (eg Blackberry).
    There are also techno geeks and fanboys who can't wait for the iPhone. Really, the Apple fanboys seem to be more die hard than anyone else to me...

Seriously though if I have the chance I'll be checking it out. You can't bash what you haven't tried. Well, actually you can but the word for that is "prejudiced'.
    Last edited by takeshi; 03-23-2007 at 01:48 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I've seen the shells, and I might pick one up. Until then my 8700 just has a little more character.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycrabb
    I just dropped my 8700 from a moving golf cart (accross a parking lot) It's looking pretty banged up now so I need a new BB.
    Just to clarify, I don't really need a new BB, but now I have more of an excuse

skillzboy4 no está en línea Stack level 1

does anyone know if the 9xxx is going to be for TMO?

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

8320 (insert drooling here)

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by skillzboy4
    does anyone know if the 9xxx is going to be for TMO?
    No.

No one even knows for certain what's going on with the current models in preproduction.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ LOL I guess I spoke too soon on my last post. I'm waiting for a replacement Pearl right now but will get whatever new device comes to TMobile after. I just hope its something durable.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ LOL I guess I spoke too soon on my last post. I'm waiting for a replacement Pearl right now but will get whatever new device comes to TMobile after. I just hope its something durable.
    BG had near raving reviews for the 8320 and said it was lighter than 8800, but felt sturdy. I think we hit jackpot on this model.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblez0163
    I'm not sure if i should return my 8800 for a Pearl (for the money) or if I should keep my 8800 what do I do guys???? if there is a better BB coming out I want it!!!!!
    In the final analysis, it's all about what you want your BlackBerry to do for you and how you are going to use it. If you list your priorities in order of importance that will help you with a decision.

Is there a better BB coming out?
    Here's how I look at it, based on my experience with many BBs. They are all good just some are better and it's not always the newest that are the best. Again, it really does come down to what you want to accomplish with yours. So if you tell us what's important to you, then we can offer some thoughts.

I currently have the 7130c, 8700c, 8100 Pearl, and 8800. Why? because I use a BB all day everyday. I also do a lot of email. During the week for work I prefer the 8800, during the weekends it depends on what I'm doing. If I choose to stay connected with work, it's the 7130c as it has (for me) the best keyboard and SureType which I personally prefer because I'm really fast on it. Faster that qwerty. If it's a purely recreational weekend than it's the Pearl hands down. The size makes it the perfect pocket phone to just grap and go. I like having choices and that's why I have four BB's.

However it's entirely possible to have just one that suits your needs just fine. Personally I like the older 7130c better than the Pearl as it has a better keyboard and is just a few mm larger than the Pearl and nearly the same weight. It has a much longer lasting battery etc. So, there is an example of what I mean by newer is not always better.

Cheers....

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

unfortunately there will always be a better one coming out

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by onlindis10
    unfortunately there will always be a better one coming out
    I agree, however I do not think it's unfortunate. It's just a fact of life, and a good one. I embrace change and look forward to new ideas, developments and products.

My point in my prior post, is simply that not "every" new model is better than the previous. Especially with the rapid pace of development in the mobile phone space. Much of what is created, manufactured and sold to the public is the result of public demand. Sometimes the public is in the grip of "fads" which eventually fade, then what was once the latest and best, is suddenly obsolete and laughable.

This has been a constant fact for many years. Some products within a certain market segment are fads and others within that same market segment are long lasting reliable products.

At todays accelerated pace, I find it particularly interesting, as we have many new products to watch.

Cheers....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123