Anyone know if RIM is planning to release the 8300 in Asia Pacific with 3G? ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BlueyHK no está en línea Stack level 1

8300 3g?

Advertisement

Anyone know if RIM is planning to release the 8300 in Asia Pacific with 3G? I need 3G as I travel to Japan and Korea for work and must have this in order to get connected due to the networks in these two countries. I currently have the 8707g and, although this works, this is not a very 'stable' device.

Anyone with news, please share.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: 8300 3g?

Take it for what its worth...

Per this aritcle:
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...cdma-networks/
    Quote Boy Genius Report:
    This news also irons out a rather confusing naming scheme convention that was presented with the oddity of having the 8330 as the Platinum Edition GSM device within the Curve line. For the 8000 series line, the naming convention is as follows:

81xx: SureType consumer device; camera-enabled
    83xx: QWERTY consumer device; camera-enabled
    88xx: QWERTY business device; no camera, GPS-enabled
    xx00: GSM device
    xx10: GSM device; step-sibling upgrade of xx00 (Pearl and Curve only)
    xx20: GSM+Wi-Fi device
    xx30: CDMA/EVDO+GSM device

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

No solid news, but the rumors abound. Tmobile should be the next to get the 8300 around september, since they don't have an established 3G network, I doubt that would be part of the package. Verizon and Sprint's EVDO wouldn't do you much good in the on a GSM network in the Pacific. Unless RIM releases a foreign market only version of the 8800 or 8300, I wouldn't expect it till the 9xxx series, which probably won't be till next year. We may see rumors or spyshots before the end of 2007. Good luck.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Just a fyi,
    The Wireless Intelligence Survey:
    At the end of 2006, Asia-Pacific cellular connections passed the 1 billion mark. India overtook China in terms of growth rate in Q1 2007 and will boost the regional figures in the forthcoming quarters, as per a survey conducted by Wireless Intelligence, a study conducted by Wireless Intelligence read. Bangladesh, Pakistan and Indonesia have gained strong momentum over the past few quarters with almost 50 million net additions between 2005 and 2006. A wave of WCDMA network rollouts is expected in most markets by the end of 2007, overtaking the number of CDMA2000 1x EV-DO networks, the Wireless Intelligence study read, the Wireless Intelligence survey said.
    Asia-Pacific ten CDMA2000 1x EV-DO networks, 29 CDMA2000 1x networks, 43 W-CDMA networks, 26 HSDPA networks and 103 GSM networks have been launched commercially, Wireless Intelligence said.