Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I will stay with my pearl, mostly because of it's size! It is convienient!... BlackBerry Curve forum

Kyosti no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23eb2f2e

Re: 8100 or the 8300? your choice?

Advertisement

I will stay with my pearl, mostly because of it's size! It is convienient!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Big No, will wait for the so called super BB, the 9XXX series!

jenga1083 no está en línea Stack level 2

8300 just looks like the full qwerty version of the pearl. Same features/specs what not. So personally I like the pearl cause of the size. I hate to carry the huge BB's. Sure-type has been great so no complaints here. My vote would be for the 8100.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by Szadzik
    Daytona is just a version of 8800. From the very beginnning it was known that 8800 will be produced in a few different hardware versions. This is one of them.
    again.. kinda missing point of thread. this thread isn't about the phone's name or what is known "from the very beginning", it's about which you will choose, to stick with the 8100 or to go with the "8300" if it is released this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    no, he's not. He's commenting on the name of the phone. goes along with the rest of the thread.
    what forum are we in?

the focus of the thread is the 8100 and what choice users will make, not their speculation as to name, the weather, or their pet 'fluffy'. I am keeping it on topic.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Well I probably would upgrade to this phone but only if I had the money. I would switch to every new device that come out if I liked it and I had the money but for now Iam just a poor high school student stuck in a bb pearl world, lol.

COJO 24

jenga1083 no está en línea Stack level 2

you high schoolers these days are spoiled...

back in the day when i was in high school... first i wasnt allowed a cell and my first cell was the huge nokias 3360?

and now you have a pearl?? consider yourself lucky

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

As CoJo said, if you have the money and like the new device then great but personally I like being stuck in the "pearl world" and I've got other things to throw money at so the 8300 probably won't swing me it's way. The 9xxx seem to be where I may sink the next bit of money.

PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

The "8300" looks pretty nice. Almost like a few of the 8800 pics that were leaked before the release. The only bad thing, as well as with the pearl, is the back of the phone. On the pearl it isn't as bad but on the "8300" its pretty ugly. I just don't see why RIM would make the whole phone black and silver and chrome, and then on the back put a gold battery latch. I mean c'mon!!! Also the weird thing with the "8300" as well as with the gold battery latch, is that the whole front and sides of the phone are that kind of powder-coated paint and then the whole battery door is shiny and glossy black. Stupid, AGAIN!!!

Anyway, just my .02 cents,

COJO 24

PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I agree with avante. Once RIM comes out with a actual new device instead of a previous device on steiods, then I might be willing to spend the little money I have and get a truly new and great device (maybe one that has streaming audio and video on the browser and a few other cool things of that nature).

COJO 24

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja

the focus of the thread is the 8100 and what choice users will make, not their speculation as to name, the weather, or their pet 'fluffy'. I am keeping it on topic.
    you are being a just bit too nitpicky, and a lot rude. someone commenting on a name is not so totally offtopic that you need to post about it. You lost control of this topic long ago.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    you are being a just bit too nitpicky, and a lot rude. someone commenting on a name is not so totally offtopic that you need to post about it. You lost control of this topic long ago.
    there is a reason why threads get moved daily from out of the 8100 forum into others and that is it is not on topic for the forum. this is the 8100 forum and the focus is the 8100. if this thread were to discuss the 8300 I would've posted it in the appropriate forum. I know what I intended for this thread to be and just am making sure that stays outlined so it stays in the intended place.

please try to control yourself and focus on the thread. no one is forcing you to post in it if you don't like my tone you are welcome to not post in the thread. don't cause problems?

thakkenc no está en línea Stack level 2

That`s a huge no for me. I kinda like the pearl which is much slimmer and easy to handle.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Im going for the 8300 and I'm not a Pearl user. There's always the ebay option for whatever BB I'm currently on...

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    you are the first bb owner I've seen talk about switching over to iPhone. everyone I know is unwilling to give up having 3rd party apps. will you have two phones or do you plan to just have the iPhone?
    Hold on -- you talk about keeping this thread "on topic" in one post and then begin discussing the iPhone?? Where is the iPhone mentioned in your original post?

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24
    I just don't see why RIM would make the whole phone black and silver and chrome, and then on the back put a gold battery latch.
    Those look like charging contacts to me...

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24
    Once RIM comes out with a actual new device instead of a previous device on steiods, then I might be willing to spend the little money I have and get a truly new and great device (maybe one that has streaming audio and video on the browser and a few other cool things of that nature).
    What do you consider an "actual new device"? I mean, I'd consider a BB with streaming to be merely a "previous device on steroids". There are rarely revolutionary changes in this world. Most new gadgets are just evolutionary. If you're expecting big changes it's best to wait a few generations.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

diesel answered the question with yes or no and why. I elaborated on his post which was on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1218
    that would be a huge no for me, the iphone will be out by then.
    a statement that neither answered the question nor gave a reason is not on topic such as,
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom
    I am pretty sure that it won't be called the 8300, maybe it is the 8830. (cause it has the 8800 series of phone on it) I think it was an error.
    that would go in the 8300 discussion thread.

The reason I wanted it to stay on topic is exactly this reason, I did not want it placed in a different forum. I intended for this thread to stay in the 8100 forum as I was not interested on the details of the 8300, but wished to see which phone pearl owners like myself would choose.

It being in this forum destroys the point of it seeing that the question is aimed at 8100 pearl owners, not general bb owners. It might as well be locked at this point.

myBBest2003 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hey guys. I'm a newbie here. First day poster, long time lurker.

My contract with Cingular just ended this past weekend. I'm not partial to Cingular at all, so I've been debating if I should switch to TMO or stick it out with ATT. I had just about decided to go with the 8100, when the news of this 8300 came out yesterday. The only drawbacks of the Pearl for me is the keyboard(buttons too close together) and no Wi-Fi. If this 8300 has the features it says it's going to have, this is the phone I'll be waiting for. I'll sacrafice the size of the Pearl and get the bigger screen, great looking keyboard, Wi-Fi, upgraded camera and I like the silver color too. If TMO gets this phone, I'll sign up with them. If it's ATT, then I guess I'll just stick with them.

Mo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast