Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fyi... 6gb microsd on sandisk's website... $99... i'd post a link, but i'm not allowed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

6gb microsd

Advertisement

fyi...

6gb microsd on sandisk's website... $99... i'd post a link, but i'm not allowed yet...

now, will this be compatible?

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: 6gb microsd

According to what I've read and other threads such as this one, I would say yes.

And here is the link to the scandisk 6mb card
    Last edited by soctechnologist; 09-10-2007 at 12:10 PM.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by DanXP
    fyi...

6gb microsd on sandisk's website... $99... i'd post a link, but i'm not allowed yet...

now, will this be compatible?
    It is compatible. there is a compatibility list on the scandisk site and the pearl, curve and 8800 are listed as compatible.

sindu no está en línea Stack level 1

what is the point of having (beside the media storage) such a big memory card where you cannot put your database and application there !!! I was shock to know this fact (I came from Treo)... sorry for the rant...

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Some people actully utilize the media availabilty on their devices. And for those of us in business or entertainment, we can watch full movies on the planes, trains, and automobiles we're always in.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by sindu
    what is the point of having (beside the media storage) such a big memory card where you cannot put your database and application there !!! I was shock to know this fact (I came from Treo)... sorry for the rant...
    treo couldnt run apps from the memory card either. u had to use a 3rd party app called power run, which would copy the app to internal memory from the memory card, and copy it back to the memory card once u closed the application. i wonder why such an app hasnt been developed for the bb yet?
    Last edited by superdad; 09-11-2007 at 05:27 AM.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5

Major find and a sweet price and I was just about to buy a 4gb this friday...

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by BERRYCURVE
    Major find and a sweet price and I was just about to buy a 4gb this friday...
    Nice to see bigger cards coming out, but I'm hesitating at the price since prices fall so fast. 2GB cards are down to something like $16.95 now, and you can find 4GB cards for around $60 (shipping inc). If you'll recall, the 4GB cards were more expensive just a few weeks ago. I suspect they'll follow the typical pattern of starting with a high price to skim the market, taking the sales they can get from early adopters willing to pay any price, and then drop the price when the initial demand drops off. Much as I want a big memory card for music and movies, I can hang on a few more weeks - I don't think it will be that long before we start seeing the 6GB cards discounted - especially with 8GB cards hitting the market.

In the meantime, when I'm on the train, I'll listen to my iPod nano and browse the web (wap.pinstack.com, of course) with my Curve... eventually it will all come together at a price point that makes sense for me...

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I too was about to pick up a 4...since the prices will fall, I'll wait a bit longer to get one!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Eloquence no está en línea Stack level 2

Do you guys think that the 8GB could retail for $99.99 when it first hits in the next couple weeks? If anyone noticed on the website... why are the 4GB microSD cards and the 6GB ones the same price?

Quote Originally Posted by superdad
    It is compatible. there is a compatibility list on the scandisk site and the pearl, curve and 8800 are listed as compatible.
    the 6gb microsd isn't listed as compatible on the sandisk curve webpage... they probably just haven't updated that page yet...

why does sandisk's url have "scandisk" in there?

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by DanXP
    the 6gb microsd isn't listed as compatible on the sandisk curve webpage... they probably just haven't updated that page yet...

why does sandisk's url have "scandisk" in there?
    chk this
    http://www.scandisk.com/Compatibilit...acturerID=1336

yeah, i know... that's what i was alluding to... if you click on the 8300, it doesn't list the 6gb card... again, it was probably just not updated yet...

BlkBerryBaller no está en línea Stack level 1

I just saw a site selling the sandisk 6gb for $85 shipped. It seems the prices are dropping as we speak...lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlkBerryBaller
    I just saw a site selling the sandisk 6gb for $85 shipped. It seems the prices are dropping as we speak...lol
    ok... where??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast