Hi All, Have installed version 592 on my 8900 and all seems well, except the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Connected no está en línea Stack level 2

592 Lock Key Problem?

Advertisement

Hi All,

Have installed version 592 on my 8900 and all seems well, except the lock key on the top of the phone no longer password protects the phone, it just performs a simple lock/unlock keypad function.

Does anyone know how to program they key so it password protects as before?

Thanks in advance
    Nick

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    This is due to a change in the programming for that button by RIM. They merged the lock/standby function so that now it just puts the device into a standby with a keypad lock.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you want it to immediately lock now you need to use the Lock icon... however, if you change the Security Timeout on your device down to an acceptable level (1 minute, 5 minutes, etc) and you use the Lock button then when it reaches that timeout it will be locked.

Connected no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks, thought I was missing something.

When RIM made the change they should have coded in a setting for how you want that button to behave, simple lock or password lock.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah, a lot of people not happy about that one. I have the security timer set on mine like Fatboy97 mentioned. That way it locks no matter what.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Like it was already mentioned, set the lock timeout to a time limit that suits you. I use 1 minute, I have also set it to lock when holstered. Honestly I think it is way better programming than before.

You no longer need to worry about the phone not auto locking if you forget when you put it in the holster as that feature was faulty before. I no longer worry about leaving my phone unattended on my desk at work.

It just takes getting used to the new way it works and once you do it is worlds better than before.

You can go to the Language option in the Options menu, and find "Input Language Selection Shortcut" and choose "None". What that does is to set the Alt/Enter key combination to lock the device and invoke the password. That way, if you just want to lock the keypad then press the lock button on the top; if you want to lock it with the password, do Alt/Enter. (This is with 5.0.0.586). I like having the choice

Also, like others, I keep the lock timer at one minute . . . .

Jtetch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    You can go to the Language option in the Options menu, and find "Input Language Selection Shortcut" and choose "None". What that does is to set the Alt/Enter key combination to lock the device and invoke the password. That way, if you just want to lock the keypad then press the lock button on the top; if you want to lock it with the password, do Alt/Enter. (This is with 5.0.0.586). I like having the choice
    THANK YOU. Works perfectly. I've been looking for a solution to locking my phone again for a long time. Kudos mate.