Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help! Bought a 2GB microSD card for my phone (BB Curve) when I first got ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aatreyu no está en línea Stack level 1

4gb microSDHC problems on Curve

Advertisement

Help!

Bought a 2GB microSD card for my phone (BB Curve) when I first got it a week ago. Loaded 400 songs on it and it worked great. The Curve recognized all 400 songs.

Got greedy and bought a 4GB microSD card from Verizon yesterday and now nothing but headaches. Loaded 800 songs on the 4GB card but the Curve media player only "sees" 187 of them. Yet, when I look at the files on the card (via my computer), all 800 songs are on there. What's up with that?

The Verizon 4GB card is "microSDHC." I have no idea what that means. Could there be a compatibility issue with the card. Is "microSDHC" different than "microSD"?

If there's a simple fix, please let me know. Otherwise, the 4GB card is being returned and I'll stick with 2GB for now.

Thanks!

Atreyu
    BB 8300 Curve
    Last edited by aatreyu; 06-24-2007 at 09:56 PM.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: 4gb microSD problems on Curve

when the media card is in your blackberry - go to Options / Media Card... what does it say there near bottom for Total Space and Free Space? I'm guessing it should be like 3.7GB under Total. If it's not 3.something then you will need to hit menu and select Format Card... then when it is done hopefully it shows properly.. then re-add songs

please let us know how it comes out, I have one coming in few days also
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Bad news. The Curve correctly shows 3.7GB under total space (and only 12.8MB of free space, since the disc was full of songs), yet still only "sees" 187 of the 801 songs on the disc. FYI, I just put the 2GB card back into the Curve and the media player correctly read all 400 songs. Seems like there may be a compatibility issue with the 4GB card. Maybe, since the Curve only read 187 song, it reads the 4GB card as if it were only 1GB? Dunno.

Would like to know if anyone else has been able to get the Curve to read the full capacity of the 4GB microSDHC card.

Unless someone out there has a quick fix, I think I'll stick with the 2GB card...

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by aatreyu
    Would like to know if anyone else has been able to get the Curve to read the full capacity of the 4GB microSDHC card.

Unless someone out there has a quick fix, I think I'll stick with the 2GB card...
    That's strange. I've seen people post that they have gotten the 4GB microSDHC to work in the Curve. I wonder if they actually tried to fill it up completely or not.

Can we get some more check's? What brand is the Verizon 4gb card?

The 4GB card from Verizon is a 4GB SanDisk Class 2 microSDHC.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

are all the songs recorded exactly the same way? example: MP3, 128kb (constant or variable bit rates), stereo..etc
    just wondering if perhaps there are some out of the range the media player deals with???

All songs are mp3, all at 128kb.. all recorded exactly the same way, in exactly the same format. I had a separate problem with transferring AAC tracks to the microSD and, since then, have only been trying to transfer the mp3s. So, the 187 songs the Curve reads off the 4GB card are no different from the other 600 songs that it won't read. I'm thinking there's a compatibility issue.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Reading other forums and articles I haven't come across this before, no one has problems with compatibility between the Curve and the 4GB card. I suggest before returning it if you know someone who's got the Curve try it in their device and see if its got the same problem, in that way you would know exactly if the problem lies with the device of the card.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That70sdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

Format the card in the Curve with the curve format program! Then load audio, Video, and Pics!

Color me embarassed. As it turns out, the 4GB card works fine. I just wasn't patient enough...

I put the 4GB card back in the phone for one more try and, again went to the media player to see how many songs had been loaded. But, this time, I went into the "All Songs" index and left the menu there while I puttered around my desk. When I looked at the phone about 15 minutes later, I saw that songs were still "loading" into the music player from the microdisk. Turns out, the first few times I tried to load the card, I didn't wait long enough for all 800 songs to show up in the playlist. It took about 30 minutes (really) for all the songs to show up but eventually all 800-ish songs showed up.

So, no compatibility problems between the Curve and the 4GB microSDHC, no need to reformat the microdisc, no need to do anything but be patient -- very patient -- the first time you put the card into the unit.

Sorry for the confusion.

[I'd don't know the etiquette on this board. Since my original problem was just the result of my own error, should I delete this thread, or should it stay up just in case someone else makes the same mistake I did?]
    Last edited by aatreyu; 06-25-2007 at 02:49 AM.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by aatreyu
    Color me embarassed. As it turns out, the 4GB card works fine. I just wasn't patient enough...

I put the 4GB card back in the phone for one more try and, again went to the media player to see how many songs had been loaded. But, this time, I went into the "All Songs" index and left the menu there while I puttered around my desk. When I looked at the phone about 10 minutes later, I saw that songs were still "loading" into the music player from the microdisk. Turns out, the first few times I tried to load the card, I didn't wait long enough for all 800 songs to show up in the playlist. It took about 15 minutes for all the songs to show up but eventually all 800 (actually, 768) songs showed up.

So, no compatibility problems between the Curve and the 4GB microSDHC, no need to reformat the microdisc, no need to do anything but be patient the first time you put the card into the unit.

Sorry for the confusion.

[I'd don't know the etiquette on this board. Since my original problem was just the result of my own error, should I delete this thread, or should it stay up just in case someone else makes the same mistake I did?]
    lol no you're fine... someone else might have the same issue and come across this thread I'm glad to hear you got it resolved. Makes me relieved too because I hope mine to be here tomorrow but who knows with the mail service haha

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

As Cliffr said I'm sure this will be of use to someone sooner or later. More than likely this would have been me, thanks for taking the bullet!
    PIN - 24053627

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Glad to hear this is resolved. I'm looking forward to higher capacity microSD cards! If this happened to you, I'm sure it has or will happen to others. Thanks.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA

Ban him... just kidding.
    Right now I was looking if the curve can handle MicroSDHC Memory Cards
    Last edited by xattica; 11-30-2007 at 09:30 PM.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

This is wierd because I had this happen the other way around. My 2gb card never showed all of my music unless I used the explore screen to view the folders themselves, but when I got my 4gb Sandisk SDHC the problem went away as soon as I loaded it up with music. I guess some cards are just moody like that.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast