Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I just kissed my curve after reading this....I feel terrible for you... BlackBerry Curve forum

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

Advertisement

I just kissed my curve after reading this....I feel terrible for you
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

jiggaman2g no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301D5887
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Yeah best thing to do is blacklist it. Sorry for your loss

But there's really nothing you can do. Unless you know who they are, and if I found out I would take a bat to them!

Why would you ever leave your BB alone? My BB never leaves my side unless I'm showering, swimming, or something BB unfriendly.
    Co-sign to that! I thought I was bad with my Pearl, I'm just plain ridiculous with this bad ***. Sorry about the loss but some nerve leavin a curve.

wtmc no está en línea Stack level 2
    I work out of my truck and have a hard time bringin my BB into customers homes all the time. Besides, knowing my history I'd probably leave it sitting on someones counter. I stash it in a safe spot now.

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    Not sure why insurance wouldn't cover it. They covered a lost/stollen BB for my friend. What service do you use?

Jazzyl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521CB60
    A gum lol who ever did this is first timer maybe he /she just wanted some gum then saw the beautiful curve and they couldnt resist to have it as well..... sorry about your loss of the phone

Big Update! The person who called my phone the other day turns out to be the brother of the little prick who stole my BB. He beat his brother and called me. I pick it up Monday!

Should I ask for the gum back?

Webby no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sorry to hear you lost your blackberry

jiggaman2g no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301D5887
    Did you get it back???~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Not yet, the guy who has it works nights so he sleeping whenever I'm downtown. I've been talking to him though, hopefully tmrw.

rayrod354 no está en línea Stack level 1
    *** Read *** I've had my 8330 from Sprint since it came out... A week ago I lost my phone after taking an hour walk. My battery was dead so I could not immediately call it. I went to the sprint site and signed up for a tracking program which was free for 15 days... After three hours the person who found it charged it, turned it on and I was able to see where it was with its satellite view. After arriving there I called my ohone and said I was ooutside. He walks out and gives me my phone...

fromS

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sounds like those who stole you phone and gum were doing it for fun.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E

They left the car charger because theifs are not dumb, they know it will be reported withing hours or days, their just going to pawn it ASAP while it still works

Sneakerholic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31b3d399
    Quote Originally Posted by wtmc View Post
    Big Update! The person who called my phone the other day turns out to be the brother of the little prick who stole my BB. He beat his brother and called me. I pick it up Monday!

Should I ask for the gum back?
    Depends on what gum it is.. If its juicy fruit let it ride.. but if it s Big Red or WinterFresh... GET EM!!!!

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    That's good news.

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    Ok so here is what you do because well I am the popo for those who can't translate, police.
    File a police report for starters because your carrier will ask for that. If you don't have insurance shame on you. If you do that is part of the reason why you will need to file a police report. Depending on where you live size of the police dept and manpower is going to determine how much work is done regarding your phone. Get all of the serial numbers from the phone. Two things the carrier will know if someone tries to activate the phone. Secondly these numbers will be entered into NCIC. If someone has the phone and they check the phone for stolen then ti will come up as sotlen through NCIC. Severity of the crime depends on the state you live in. Ohhh and shame on you for leaving your Curve alone all by itself waiting to be stolen. When people leave things out they are asking to become victims. Is it right no, should thefts happen no, but don't make yourself a victim or provide anyone the opportunity to victimize you.

Sorry to hear about that but do what "popo" said (if you already haven't) as it is very true.

I too work in a similar field, the petty thieves who break into cars are looking for phones, GPS Units, MP3 Players, head units, ect. I personally have a small bag that I pack up every time I park my car at night (in my Condo parking lot) and bring the valuables inside with me. It is a hassle but in the long run it will save you lots of $$$.$$!

Did you have insurance? And if so why wont they cover it? I have had many phones replaced due to them being lost and one time stolen (off the table while sitting at a bar). I kow I know........I was drinking (little to much) and left it sitting on a table unattended for less than 10 minutes....I come back and.......no phone!!!

Good luck.....

Oh and one more thing. Keep an eye on Craigslist.com which is a place where these thieves try to unload the things they steal quick and easy without a trace of anything but a email address.
    Last edited by tmdavies01; 08-22-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123