Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Some punks broke into my truck and stole a half pack of gum, 6 bucks ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wtmc no está en línea Stack level 2

4 day old BB stolen

Advertisement

Some punks broke into my truck and stole a half pack of gum, 6 bucks in change and my brand spankin new Curve. Any way to hunt these kids down and bash 'em? Can I ping my BB or something? I just need some closure

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Sorry to hear that. About all you can do is call your carrier and have it turned off, and put it on the stolen list. That way that IMEI#can never be activated on ANY carrier again. Hope you had insurance, and you get a replacement.

wtmc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Insurance won't cover it, tried that. I'm still confused as to why they took the gum. Other funny thing is that they took the phone but left my car charger. Guess if they were smart they wouldn't be theives

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hah, they actually took the gum lol!

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sorry to hear about that. Report it stolen now.

Maybe the idiots thought your gum was the phone charger. I'm pretty sure they did. I hate thieves.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Yeah best thing to do is blacklist it. Sorry for your loss

But there's really nothing you can do. Unless you know who they are, and if I found out I would take a bat to them!

Why would you ever leave your BB alone? My BB never leaves my side unless I'm showering, swimming, or something BB unfriendly.

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    when i lost my pearl, i asked if they could track the gps on it, even though i had no program to do so. i was told that if i made a police report, that they should be able to do that. i had insurance so i just went through them. seemed like a hassle to do a police report.

hawkman610 no está en línea Stack level 1
    In most states entering a vehicle with the intent to commit a theft is a felony. If you haven't reported it, do so asap. Keep in mind, finger prints are a possibility, but the longer you wait, the less chance they have to recover them. Your vehicle probably wasn't the first for them to enter, and probably wont be the last. They could add your vehicle to the list of charges they would face when/if found... makes it easier for the county or district attorney to work out a deal when they can stack charges.

For what ever reason some cell phone companies require police report case number or incident number before they can process a stolen phone, or even a lost phone. Alltel is horible at this when customers report their phone as lost, not stolen.

Might try to report the phone as lost to your insurance company. It may be stolen, but it has been lost at the same time since you don't know where it is.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Ok so here is what you do because well I am the popo for those who can't translate, police.
    File a police report for starters because your carrier will ask for that. If you don't have insurance shame on you. If you do that is part of the reason why you will need to file a police report. Depending on where you live size of the police dept and manpower is going to determine how much work is done regarding your phone. Get all of the serial numbers from the phone. Two things the carrier will know if someone tries to activate the phone. Secondly these numbers will be entered into NCIC. If someone has the phone and they check the phone for stolen then ti will come up as sotlen through NCIC. Severity of the crime depends on the state you live in. Ohhh and shame on you for leaving your Curve alone all by itself waiting to be stolen. When people leave things out they are asking to become victims. Is it right no, should thefts happen no, but don't make yourself a victim or provide anyone the opportunity to victimize you.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    This would have been a great time to use the BLACKBERRY LOCATER its very inexpensive and when you send and email to your Berry with a specific subject line it goes wild making noise and lighting up, it also send a google map GPS location of your beloved phone so you can go and find it!

Sorry for your loss.....but I would also agree the "REDDDOG" and say, why would you leave your Blackberry alone......it has feelings to!

Keep your head up!

saa001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Where can we buy this program? Will it work with the Verizon 8330?

Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    This would have been a great time to use the BLACKBERRY LOCATER its very inexpensive and when you send and email to your Berry with a specific subject line it goes wild making noise and lighting up, it also send a google map GPS location of your beloved phone so you can go and find it!

Sorry for your loss.....but I would also agree the "REDDDOG" and say, why would you leave your Blackberry alone......it has feelings to!

Keep your head up!

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Check this out

http://www.intomobile.com/2008/02/06...he-rescue.html

jak
    jak no está en línea Stack level 2
    What was you BB doing in you truck with ou you?

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb

this program is awsome! http://www.instamapper.com/ and its free!
    Quote Originally Posted by saa001 View Post
    Where can we buy this program? Will it work with the Verizon 8330?

NewYorkChic no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am sorry for the lost, but did they really take a piece of gum? lmao at the new era of burglers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast