On other threads i see comments about liking the 4.5 and not going back ect.. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sdnickels no está en línea Stack level 2

4.5 vs 4.3 ?????

Advertisement

On other threads i see comments about liking the 4.5 and not going back ect.. But for us Newbies, what exactly is better then my 4.3 that i now have on spint? What are somethings that will be improved on my 8330 from Sprint? Thanks

jlatessa no está en línea Stack level 2
    4.5 isn't worth it in my opinion. The browser doesn't display pages correctly, the media player hangs on videos, and it's an all-around pain in the wazoo.

Yes, you get HTML e-mail, but I already have Empower for that. You get Documents to Go, but I already have eOffice.

I won't even give 4.5 a second look until some issues are fixed.

I went back to 4.3 because with 4.3, everything works.

But... if you don't have eOffice and Empower, and you need that functionality, 4.5 might be bearable for you.

Ultimately, you're the only one who can decide whether or not it's right for you. Try it and see. If you like it, great. If not, you can always go back to 4.3.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    no vid hangups for me
    no browser trouble
    less memory leak
    better themes
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    no vid hangups for me
    no browser trouble
    less memory leak
    better themes
    I should make one of my vids available and see if other 8330 4.5 users have trouble with it.

It's strange. My vids have played perfectly under 4.3 on two different devices. The same 2 devices with 4.5... it ain't happening LOL

mightymike889 no está en línea Stack level 1
    idk what some ppl say but the 4.5 is amazing the aim is so much better no probs wit the video recordin and the memory is better...

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlatessa View Post
    I should make one of my vids available and see if other 8330 4.5 users have trouble with it.

It's strange. My vids have played perfectly under 4.3 on two different devices. The same 2 devices with 4.5... it ain't happening LOL
    have you tried different vids? might be a quirk with the vids.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17
    I'm possibly looking to switch back to BB from WM. I know that the 4.5 isn't official but is the OS stable? How is the native HTML email? I was using BBsmart when I had 8320? What about the Doc2go? Is it just a viewer/editor or can you make new documents?

I like my Mogul it's just that the form factor of the Curve is better. I liked my 8320 but disliked my Tmo service. WM has it's flaws but when you take the time to set the phone up correctly it's as stable as any PDA phone.
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hwnstyle21 View Post
    I'm possibly looking to switch back to BB from WM. I know that the 4.5 isn't official but is the OS stable? How is the native HTML email? I was using BBsmart when I had 8320? What about the Doc2go? Is it just a viewer/editor or can you make new documents?
    I have a beta version on my SPrint 8330 and have not had any issues. Some people have said that they have issues with the browser being too slow and that an upgrade to a newer or official release fixes the issue. If that's the case, I am really looking forward to the official Sprint release. The HTML viewer is pretty good. You have to tell it to download the images on every email, which is a hassle, but then again, I do it on Outlook also. Docs2go is cool. Techhnically you can't create docs on it but there are ways around it. Do a search here and you will find out how. All in all, I think the upgrade was worth it. I won't go back.

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    I have a beta version on my SPrint 8330 and have not had any issues. Some people have said that they have issues with the browser being too slow and that an upgrade to a newer or official release fixes the issue. If that's the case, I am really looking forward to the official Sprint release. The HTML viewer is pretty good. You have to tell it to download the images on every email, which is a hassle, but then again, I do it on Outlook also. Docs2go is cool. Techhnically you can't create docs on it but there are ways around it. Do a search here and you will find out how. All in all, I think the upgrade was worth it. I won't go back.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll look into the pros/cons.
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17