I currently have the 4.5 software on my blackberry 8320 for tmobile. When i first ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Jay21fire no está en línea Stack level 3

4.5 software question

Advertisement

I currently have the 4.5 software on my blackberry 8320 for tmobile. When i first installed it the Msn messenger application showed me my contacts, weather they were offline or online and also there contact pictures. Also it let me change my contact pic.

It was like that for about 1.5 weeks. I signed in this morning and my contacts pics were gone, my pic was gone, so i signed out and back in and then all my contacts were doubled, i uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and still the same. Does anyone know why and how it changed like it did. I sorta looks like the msn messenger that is on 4.2 software just plain.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    It's just a beta you are going to have ALOT of issues and bugs!

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay21fire View Post
    I currently have the 4.5 software on my blackberry 8320 for tmobile.
    Thats you're answer right there.
    Proud owner of a 8700g and a 8320

windows live

But why would it just auto change like that out of the blue?

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    'Cause you have a 4.5 beta softwaré

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    4.5 Beta isn't known to support MSN, AIM yet.
    Just revert back to .184 if you really need to use MSN Messenger. If you can live without them for now then stay with the Beta I guess.

windows live

Windows live does work on the 4.5 software the only instant messeng er that doesn't work is AIM,

My question was why did the windows live change from the way it first was when i loaded the software to it looks like the original windows live messenger from the 4.2.1.180 software.

When yahoo still looks the same. and they both are version 2.0.43

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6
    Again, there isn't any straight answer for you. Unfortunately 4.5 beta is just that..."beta". It's a pre release of the system so that the developers can get an idea of how the product will react in a real enviroment. What problems there are, what needs to be fixed, added, removed, etc etc to make the product better for final release. I don't know why it worked then stopped, but just chalk it up to some kind of bug in the system, and be happy that your buggy phone is the stepping stone to the rest of us living in 4.5 bliss

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    You're running a software OS that hasn't officially been released yet. Although most people on here are calling it a Beta, its not. Its an unofficial release that was leaked. The "Beta" is in the hands of whatever group is currently testing it. RIM Engineers, wireless carrier engineers, whoever.

Since you've chosen to run the "bootleg", you assume the full risk that some applications may or may not run as intended.

The rest of us are in no position to tell you one way or the other what that issue is, since none of are official Beta testers or the engineers working with them.

You might get lucky and stumble into someone who had the same problem and found a way to solve it. If not, you're stuck with either "deal with it" or downgrade if you can't.

Having said all that, did you try a battery pull?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.