Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where can I find the deskto psoftware so I can load it? Also will jive ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NOID no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2423EC62

4.5 questions

Advertisement

Where can I find the deskto psoftware so I can load it? Also will jive talk work with 4.5 os or no? Thanks

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Here's the Desktop Manager link, I don't know about Jivetalk, I think I read that it does not work, but don't take my word on it. You should search it.
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

futangclan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243500F0
    Quote Originally Posted by NOID View Post
    Where can I find the deskto psoftware so I can load it? Also will jive talk work with 4.5 os or no? Thanks
    I have 4.5 OS and Jive Talk works great.

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Thanks for correcting me futangclan! I must have read something different, or maybe it was a specific model problem...
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

chirayu24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i'm having trouble uploading o.s. 4.5, i downloaded the file off the blackberry site, deleted my vendor file, but it still says when i plug in my blackberry that no updates were found...it's really frustrating...what do i do!!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you have more than one OS on your PC? Go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (something different if you're on Vista). You'll see something like BlackBerry Device Software. Personally, I'd remove/uninstall every OS on there (unless you have the old one in there and want to keep it for the "warm fuzzies"), then download/install the 4.5 OS again. Delete the vendor.xml file at that point, reboot your PC and then start-up the DM again and see what happens from there.

Hope this helps!

Roger

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Or just go to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and look and make sure only the newer OS is in there. You can move the old one to another folder or delete it (like RoGro said!) Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Bnorwood1 View Post
    Or just go to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and look and make sure only the newer OS is in there. You can move the old one to another folder or delete it (like RoGro said!) Keep us updated!
    I've never seen more than one OS in that folder, but I could be mistaken. It's good to go there again, though to make sure the vendor.xml file has indeed been deleted.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Just wanted to say I have 4.5 on my TMO 8320..Works fine, no bugs that I have found, jivetalk works and the video option is awesome!

hagop37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244BE076

Question

Am I understanding this right?

The 4.5 OS gives us video "recording" capabilities? Say it isn't so!

I have an 8320 on Tmo....

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I've never seen more than one OS in that folder, but I could be mistaken. It's good to go there again, though to make sure the vendor.xml file has indeed been deleted.
    Yep, it actually happened to me in my last upgrade. It froze up when loading ROM files, then it told me I had a fatal error and I had to hard reset and restart my computer to get it to even recognize my BB. I deleted the old OS folder and that got it working...

Quote Originally Posted by hagop37 View Post
    Am I understanding this right?

The 4.5 OS gives us video "recording" capabilities? Say it isn't so!

I have an 8320 on Tmo....

Thanks!
    Yep, on the Curve models with 4.5 OS. Need to have a media card, though.

Blake,

Have you had any issues with phone calls? I can make them, but when someone calls me, I get no indication of an incoming call. Just rings on their end and then goes into voicemail via YouMail.

Tried a soft reset, battery pull, removed the SIM card, changed ringtones (thought it might be the Go Cubs Go one I just installed ), but nothing. Might try another battery pull.

PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    I haven't had any problems with phone calls. I've only received two phone calls, though. Have you checked the phone options> call forwarding? It may even be a problem with youmail...

I was thinking it had something to do with YouMail. Hate to cancel the account and set everything back up if it's not that, but I'm trying another batter pull to see if that doesn't help. Someone else in another thread had the same issue (not sure if they used YouMail or not yet) and they said the battery pull did the trick.

We shall see!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast