Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello guys,I'm actually running .110 on my curve but I would like to know which ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spidave no está en línea Stack level 2

which 4.5 os runs better on the curve 8320?

Advertisement

Hello guys,I'm actually running .110 on my curve but I would like to know which one that runs better on the 8320.. I have had my bb for about 5 months so I know lots of you guys have more experience and would like to hear your opinion
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Lennox815 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A71800
    I'm on .124 and its been great to me. Battery life is better and so is my service coverage

rosieperez1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennox815 View Post
    I'm on .124 and its been great to me. Battery life is better and so is my service coverage
    I'm running 4.5.0.81 I didn't know an upgrade was available... Where can I get it? I'm using 8320 tmo

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The latest operating systems for all devices can be found here.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I'm running .110 and like it, it's a att, I believe the .81 is the official on tmo which is what I have

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    I had problems with other os before .81. 81 worked good but for my phone the 8320 the .110 is great. You can use any 8320 os just erase the. Vendor.xml

winzlo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208CE2E7
    I tried updating from TMO 4.5.0.81 to 4.5.0.110 and got a fatal error during upgrade, which left my BB in a state that I had to relaod the entire OS using the "remove battery, connect USB, start install, insert battery" fix. I'm hesitant to try again, but if anyone else has run into this and had it work the second time around, please let me know and I'll be less hesitant to try again. It took way too long to restore my BB the first time...

Thanks!

winzlo,

What happened to you is the exception, not the norm.

I would completely uinstall both Desktop manager and the OS, reinstall them both, reboot your computer and try the install again. You can even run the application loader without Desktop Manager if you choose, by using the Loader executable from within the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

The application will have a little device icon next to it. If the OS is not from your carrier, you will have to delete the vendor.xml file from that same folder.

Let us know if you decide to give it another go!

Roger

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    The latest operating systems for all devices can be found here.
    For the 8330 the latest is 4.5.0.160 from Telus Mobility. I didn't know if you were aware or not. I downloaded it a few days ago and it's working fine.

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    so let me see if i have this correct? on the 8320 OS 4.5.0.81 is tmobiles highest OS for this BB correct? but if you want you can update other OS from other vendors by deleting files and so on, correct? for the person just starting to wrap there head around this stuff is it worth it and should i just wait till tmobile gives me there official updated OS? if they do update. my bb works awesome and just wondering how much better, if i did this update and didnt brick it could it possibly be?

thanks for the knowledge stackers
    camshafter

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    I'm running on .81 and it works just fine.

iamlife098 no está en línea Stack level 3
    .124 was great when I had the 8320.. Browser was awesome, DOC, and video cam too.. I just loved it!

Lennox815 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A71800
    I'm on tmo and I updated my 8320to .124 awhile ago. Its worth it I don't think tmo Is going to update the os anytime soon. But if you are going to upgrade I would go for .124

Quote Originally Posted by camshafter View Post
    so let me see if i have this correct? on the 8320 OS 4.5.0.81 is tmobiles highest OS for this BB correct? but if you want you can update other OS from other vendors by deleting files and so on, correct? for the person just starting to wrap there head around this stuff is it worth it and should i just wait till tmobile gives me there official updated OS? if they do update. my bb works awesome and just wondering how much better, if i did this update and didnt brick it could it possibly be?

thanks for the knowledge stackers
    camshafter
    Yes, you can use any carrier's OS, as long as it is specific to your 8320. In other words, you can't put an 8120 (Pearl) OS on your Curve. If the OS is not from your carrier, then you simply need to delete the vendor.xml file (information specific to each carrier or vendor) from the following folder on your PC:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

As someone else has mentioned, there are far more current options for operating systems for your device than .81, including a new beta release in the 8300/8310 threads. Each new release, while it may not offer any earth-shattering upgrades over the last, will contain fixes and improvements over the last release, so in my opinion, it's worth getting a later release for your device.

There is a thread in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature with detailed instructions on upgrading your device, not to mention the wealth of support offered from Stackers to help you through it.

Cheers,
    Roger

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    sweet, thanks for the conformation
    Camshafter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast