Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Good evening everyone my problem is definitely gone! Opera Mini loads wap.pinstack OK, so if ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Spinnhadz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    254DF724

Advertisement

Good evening everyone my problem is definitely gone! Opera Mini loads wap.pinstack OK, so if everybody will have same problem, install Opera Mini

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im running 4.5.0.52(beta). Their is an official release shoild I get that one instead. I'm on tmo so wondering if the stackers can help.

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by blazen2000 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Im running 4.5.0.52(beta). Their is an official release shoild I get that one instead. I'm on tmo so wondering if the stackers can help.
    From what I read, the Orange UK official release is .52 so it would not run as an upgrade. You would have to wipe your bb first then install. Not sure if there are any differences from the beta to this as I went from .42 to their official release. So far its a keeper.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    not true...it runs as an upgrade if you are not on a current 4.5 release (including betas)...if you are already running 4.5.x.xx then simply downgrade to another release-->install new 4.5 onto your PC-->connect BB to PC via DM and voila you're in business...so far all reviews seem to be great for the new official release...however i did a complete wipe using jl_cmder first to ensure the purest install...hope this helps

Steve_S_T no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    254C4D85
    Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    not true...it runs as an upgrade if you are not on a current 4.5 release (including betas)...if you are already running 4.5.x.xx then simply downgrade to another release-->install new 4.5 onto your PC-->connect BB to PC via DM and voila you're in business...so far all reviews seem to be great for the new official release...however i did a complete wipe using jl_cmder first to ensure the purest install...hope this helps
    I can confirm that - I didn't remove 4.2.2.184 and 4.5.0.52 installed fine.

Steve.

blazen2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2426EC63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have done 2 upgrades from tmo to two diff. Betas without uninstalling the previouse os. I did take my sim card and memory card out though. It works good after no problems.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What they're saying is that if you already have the beta release of 4.5.0.52 installed and then you attempt to install the OFFICIAL release, it won't do the upgrade even if you delete the vendor.xml file because they are actually one and the same.

If you're moving up the chain from one release to the next highest, then yes, you do not have to downgrade, then upgrade to get the OS to install.

If you want to install the OFFICIAL release over the BETA release, then you will need to downgrade a release, delete the beta from your PC via add/remove programs, install the 4.5 OS onto the PC, delete the vendor.xml file, connect to the DM and you'll be able to install the official release on your device.
    Last edited by RogerG; 07-18-2008 at 05:23 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by blazen2000 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have done 2 upgrades from tmo to two diff. Betas without uninstalling the previouse os. I did take my sim card and memory card out though. It works good after no problems.
    FYI, I installed the official 4.5 without un-installing the 4.2 that I was running but I HAD TO uninstall the 4.2 before the DM would recognize the new release and install it to my handset.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567